Ash Trees Turning to brown crispy clusters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonefishing

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi! Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my ash trees? The new leaves and stems at the ends of the branches are shriveling and deforming, so they look a bit like broccoli. Then in awhile they turn brown and crispy in fist-sized clusters. There seems to be some kind of bugs in the green broccoli stage - my short distance eyesight is very poor. Can anyone offer advice based on my description? I have a good picture, but I don't know how to insert it. Thanks in advance!

Ray Benson, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if it really is emerald ash borer, but I'm definitely getting on it. I wish I could figure out how to post my picture, but I get asked for a URL, and my picture is on my desktop, and I don't have a website. Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to answer and provide me with links.

tomtrees, if you have nothing but scorn to offer, why bother? I first googled "ash tree diseases" and saw nothing at all like the problem my trees are having. I know very little about trees, and so came here looking for help from someone with knowledge.

Latest posts

Back