Assembling the NOS 084

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also modded the muffler so as to not burn up the paint on the case and bar cover. I cut a piece of 22ga sheet metal to replace the firescreen. I then installed a muffler cover that's been modded. I acquired this cover in my parts huntings and decided it was time to put it to use. Some of you may recognize this cover;)
251005993-M.jpg

251006008-M.jpg

Last edited:
For all intents and purposes, all three 084s are done. The first is even gone already. It's been a lot of fun building them and hope maybe someone learned something from the posts. I appreciate everyone's input and have a great time "talking" with you guys.

And finally, here's a shot of the remaining two together.
251006021-L.jpg

Last edited:
ruined... cheapskate.. and you were soooo... close to nivana:greenchainsaw:

I knew you wouldn't be happy:greenchainsaw: . But, being the individualist I am, I went against the flow. It also didn't help that my Dad helped talk me into it. I'm glad I did. The only thing I don't like about this handle is that the bar nuts and the adjuster are very hard to get to. I may just cut the smaller "socket" off the other side of a scrench to make it easier to tighten down.

I knew you wouldn't be happy:greenchainsaw: . But, being the individualist I am, I went against the flow. It also didn't help that my Dad helped talk me into it. I'm glad I did. The only thing I don't like about this handle is that the bar nuts and the adjuster are very hard to get to. I may just cut the smaller "socket" off the other side of a scrench to make it easier to tighten down.

There is a special scrench for the wrap bars.

1124 890 3400

+1

This is WAY better than a parts diagram

Hey can you do this for some more saws??? .....Like the whole stihl line

before chopping a tool up try a husky wrench. they are shorter. a stihl fan i know showed me that when i swapped out the chains on his husky and stihl, with full and 3/4 wrap handlebars respectably, after cutting camp wood. the husky should be mine tommorrow!! i can't wait.uncle sam is gettin me a 372xpw.

IMO I think Brad did a good job stepping us through his 084 builds. I don't see to many others stepping us through their builds. He spent a lot of extra time during his build with his commentary and all the pictures he took. He may of used different techniques, tools, or chose different routes than some of us would have, but its easy to be critical sitting on the sideline.

Back