Assembling Yard Master

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cerd

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Where does this top rod on the trigger go to? The engine came out of the shell too fast for me to see.

Its from a Remington Yard Master.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 21
I'm not sure where even to find the oil pump aside from the general area. I saw the link, but couldn't find the pump in the diagram.

Can you post a picture of the engine housing?
It may help to see where the rod goes.

They don’t have an oil ‘pump’. It uses crankcase pressure to force oil to the bar mount.

Since the tank is mounted above the bar mount, once started, it will not cease to flow.

Part of the throttle link is supposed to squeeze the line shut.

Works like a dream.

A freakin nightmare. [emoji90]

So I've realized last night that the link is actually a makeshift valve with the hose in a groove molded into the plastic shell. As Driver mentioned, it looks like the crankcase pushes air through the hose at the bottom of the tank. Oil is then, forced out of the hose at the top, (assuming the hose feeds to the very bottom of the tank) and into the bar.

The linkage itself sits inside of a spring with a cap in it and the hose goes between the link and the shell between the hose guide grooves. I should be able to put the rest back by the end of the weekend. (Its a back burner project due to a busy schedule.)

Back