Husky 61 big bore - is this too much slop in piston bearing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It runs! The aftermarket carb seems to be doing well so far. Took a little fiddling to get it set, but it seems ok. It would restart with one pull and idle without loading up and dying. Also seemed to have good throttle response. I didn't bother putting the clutch side together before I tested it, so I haven't tried it in the wood yet. Now I am learning about some of the differences in the husky models... I didn't notice that the crankshaft threads and my new clutch didn't match until tonight. That and my new clutch drum and bearing seems way too loose. Oh well, I might use my old clutch paired with the drum from my 266.

Here is a picture of the saw with the white top on. I had to slightly "open" it up to make room for the spark plug. Might do a little body to enclose it or just leave it as is. Time will tell.

Attachments

• IMG_20240121_192412.jpg
    IMG_20240121_192412.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
It runs! The aftermarket carb seems to be doing well so far. Took a little fiddling to get it set, but it seems ok. It would restart with one pull and idle without loading up and dying. Also seemed to have good throttle response. I didn't bother putting the clutch side together before I tested it, so I haven't tried it in the wood yet. Now I am learning about some of the differences in the husky models... I didn't notice that the crankshaft threads and my new clutch didn't match until tonight. That and my new clutch drum and bearing seems way too loose. Oh well, I might use my old clutch paired with the drum from my 266.

Here is a picture of the saw with the white top on. I had to slightly "open" it up to make room for the spark plug. Might do a little body to enclose it or just leave it as is. Time will tell.
Your 61 is an older course thread, most likely.

Your 61 is an older course thread, most likely.
That is correct. I would have just used all the original clutch parts, but the drum looks like it was run with the brake set for a period of time. I'll mix and match parts to get it cutting, and address any upgrades that need to be made later. Lord knows I have plenty of other saws that I need to put together in the meantime. Something I feel like a kid that takes stuff apart to see how it works, but never actually put it back together when I am done...🥴

Latest posts

Back