Atv -- Log Arch -- Great week at the camp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Nice setup. Did you make them your self?

Mercer_me

My father in-law built the first one (black)... My Uncle based his on that one.
Next year I'm thinking we'll have 3 of them up there...

Looks like some great family bonding time. I lost my Dad about 8 years ago and still miss working with him. He was still going to the woods 2-3 times a week at 77 years old, hope I can be doing the same in 40 years!

Have a blast - and take more pics!

I lost my Dad about 8 years ago and still miss working with him. He was still going to the woods 2-3 times a week at 77 years old

My grandfather is 83 and he goes out and cuts wood every day eaven in the winter when it's bitter cold. He loves running his saws and his dozer.

Great pic's!!!! I've been thinking about building one myself but was not sure how well they work but this pretty much confirms that.

My grandfather is 83 and he goes out and cuts wood every day eaven in the winter when it's bitter cold. He loves running his saws and his dozer.

haha our grandfathers are alike. mine can olny lift a little 14'' stihl these days but he's always out there cutting wood with his Massey Furgueson Backhoe and Long tractor with a winch. he's in his mid-80's as well and has had both knees replaced but still going strong.

Red Oak about 45 - 55 ft off of the trail.

attachment.php

I'm about half way between the camera and stem.
attachment.php

This maple is a true testament..... hold on, things will be what they'll be, there'll be good times and bad, never give up.
attachment.php

Deer from the front window.

attachment.php

Partridge (ruffled grouse sp?).... kinda like where's waldo (LOL).
attachment.php

Partridge is almost dead center in the picture

not to go off topic or anything but how do you like that Mingo Marker Peter?

I like it a lot. Plenty of clever ways to measure wood for cutting, but for $25 I think it's a pretty neat gadget. I'm not one of them guys that can just eyeball it and cut it all the same length so its great for me.

Latest posts

Back