Auto-tunes in the shop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hustihler

Hustihler

ArboristSite Operative
The last TSB on the clutch drum is a little confusing?? Should the needle bearing be replaced? I see no serialization. I must be missing something. Looks like my 562 was made Dec of 2011.

Hey, check the top of the bulletin under the blue Husqvarna, at the end of the bold black letters there is a 2012-01 right after 555. I'm assuming all saws with 2012-01 serial #'s have the updated parts. I hope this helps

Joe Kidd

Joe Kidd

Where's Fish?
Hey, check the top of the bulletin under the blue Husqvarna, at the end of the bold black letters there is a 2012-01 right after 555. I'm assuming all saws with 2012-01 serial #'s have the updated parts. I hope this helps

I wonder if anyone has pulled the drum and bearing to inspect them? Looks like the 550 & 562 share the same clutch assembly.

JOE.G

JOE.G

ArboristSite Guru
Are the TSB covered by Husky or is this something Id have to pay for if I wanted done?
IS it covered if there is a Problem?

Hustihler

Hustihler

ArboristSite Operative
Are the TSB covered by Husky or is this something Id have to pay for if I wanted done?
IS it covered if there is a Problem?

I would assume it would be covered by Husqvarna, but I guess alot can depend on your dealer. I have a great dealer and they really stand behind their products, and they sell both Husky and Stihl. Before I purchased my 562xp, I witnessed a local tree service guy return a 562xp and a 555xp for warm/hot restart issues and the dealer actually wrote him a check for both saws; at that point I knew they stood behind there products. I did print off the TSB's and bring them into the dealer and let them know I was aware of it, they reassured me that if I did have issues in the future(even if its out of warranty), they would take care of it. But, like I said all dealers aren't created equal, you might even be able to call Husqvarna and find out their take on it. Good luck.

ri chevy

ri chevy

ArboristSite Guru
Anti troll post

I would assume it would be covered by Husqvarna, but I guess alot can depend on your dealer. I have a great dealer and they really stand behind their products, and they sell both Husky and Stihl. Before I purchased my 562xp, I witnessed a local tree service guy return a 562xp and a 555xp for warm/hot restart issues and the dealer actually wrote him a check for both saws; at that point I knew they stood behind there products. I did print off the TSB's and bring them into the dealer and let them know I was aware of it, they reassured me that if I did have issues in the future(even if its out of warranty), they would take care of it. But, like I said all dealers aren't created equal, you might even be able to call Husqvarna and find out their take on it. Good luck.

I will be the ANTI TROLL and say that I guess the local Professional Tree Service guy went back to using his Stihl's! ;) :hmm3grin2orange: :chainsaw:

No, just kidding. On a more serious note, it sounds like you have a great dealer there. We need more of them like that!

Hustihler

Hustihler

ArboristSite Operative
I will be the ANTI TROLL and say that I guess the local Professional Tree Service guy went back to using his Stihl's! ;) :hmm3grin2orange: :chainsaw:

No, just kidding. On a more serious note, it sounds like you have a great dealer there. We need more of them like that!

I know you're just joking, but actually he's a dyed in the "all orange" wool type of guy. He went back to using 357xp's and 359's. He was real cool and he didn't discourage me from buying either the 562xp or the 555(although I did wait 6 months to buy my 562xp, so they could get the bugs worked out-go figure), he even told me they were pound for pound the best cutting saws he's ever run. This guy informed me that he was using them as climbing saws, and the warm/hot start issue was a serious pain in the butt while he was up in a tree, and that's why he wanted a refund.
I do have a good dealer, they even sold me my first Husky, a 346xp; this is after another local Stihl/Husqvarna dealer wouldn't even order me one and I even specified I was willing to pay cash!

ri chevy

ri chevy

ArboristSite Guru
Yes I was only joking. Just being a little facetious on purpose. Any saw that runs and cuts wood is a good saw in my book. :D You are definitely on top of things, and have a great relationship with your dealer. Both of the saws you mentioned are great saws. Good luck with them, and thanks for keeping us informed of the issues and outcomes. :cheers:

kwalshy

kwalshy

ArboristSite Member
My local saw shop owner allowed me to take his 562XP home and play with it for a week.

I don't have any trees to drop or logs to chunk up right now :msp_sad:

So I made some pancakes instead from some red oak logs. Diameters 18" to 30". :msp_smile:

All I can say is WOW!!! This saw is awesome! :blob2: :rock:

Next week I'll have the opportunity to cut up a big ole pile of mixed hardwood. I will let the forum know what I think after a few hours & a few tanks of gas on this 562XP. I don't think I'll be disappointed from what I've experienced so far.

Hustihler

Hustihler

ArboristSite Operative
Well I finally got my 550xp back from the shop. I picked her up yesterday afternoon. I haven't got a chance to run it in wood yet(I'm waiting till my deer hunting season is over-this weekend), but I've got some firewood oak I need to buck up, so hopefully next week I'll get a chance to try it and my 562xp out. The guy that repaired my saw wasn't in yesterday, but I believe he swapped out the carb and coil. I'll post back when I get both saws in some wood to see how they perform. My dealer also told me if I have any more problems with my 550xp, that to bring it back and they'll replace the saw. I'm so glad my auto-tunes are finally out of the shop!

sgrizz

sgrizz

ArboristSite Guru
good to hear you got them back. I called another dealer yesterday and he called his husky rep and called me back to tell me that the dealer i bought it from had the training course this past week and will be getting the autotune equipment soon so i will just have to wait and see. I also noticd that the fuel line coming out of the tank to the carb has a sharp bend in it that looks like its closed shut. i have seen the service bulleten about the new fuel line with a pre- bent hose so maybe this is why i have this stumble after the saw idles for 30 secondes.

kwalshy

kwalshy

ArboristSite Member
So last week at the end of deer camp I was able to play with the demo 562xp for a few hours and compare it to my 365xp special. :rock:

The 562xp has more power than my 365xp, plus it is very light and easy to handle and control. The saw did not hesitate in big logs and cuts where my 365xp did. Granted my 365xp has a few years on it compared to the demo 562xp. I set up both saws with the same size bars & new chains on both.

The only negative experience I had was with the chain brake. I couldn't unlock the brake after engaging it, no big deal, I resolved it.

I was truly impressed with the 562xp. I love the throttle response and this saw rips :msp_thumbup:, the rpms on this are amazing!

I want one and I will sell or trade in my 365xp to help with funds for the purchase.

The 562xp won hands down, even my buddy with his Stihl 064 agreed that the 562xp is one sweet saw.

Hustihler

Hustihler

ArboristSite Operative
Well, I finally got to run my saws today for the first time since they came out of the shop. All I can say is that they run and start(hot and cold) flawlessly! Cold starts on both the 550xp and 562xp are two pulls on choke and one pull off choke, hot/warm starts are one pull every time too! Me and my father cut a trailer load of firewood rounds(pin oak laps) today, and even bucked up a couple of loads of logs(poplar) for my Uncle to take to the sawmill. Both saws got a decent workout today, and not a single hiccup. Both are finally running and starting like they're supposed to. I'm glad that I didn't hesitate to put them in the shop and let my warranty do its job. I'm also grateful that my dealer and Husqvarna stood behind their products. Today was a real good day!

View attachment 265828View attachment 265829View attachment 265830View attachment 265831

Latest posts