average age of arborist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

please tell your age

• 16-21

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • 22-28

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • 29-35

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • 35-?

Votes: 40 47.6%

• Total voters
I'm 29 and just really starting. I've done alot of physical things in my life, but I will mark this as some of the hardest. I do realize I take more Aleve now than I use to. But I am enjoying it, and it's fun to pick at my younger ground guy dragging butt. Age ain't that big a deal, it's in your mind and your conditioning.

Just my thoughts

rwilk

If you feel outdated at 40, try adding ten years to that. No you are not outdated, just seasoned.

Originally posted by Tom Dunlap
The poll should be split a little more. Lumping me in with the youngsters at 35 makes the curve lopsided :)
I see Tom's not fessing up about his age, so I won't either. But if you flip 35 you'll get my age. Climbing ~30 hrs./wk., spent 7 hrs in the saddle today pruning ONE 90' x 90' willow oak.

Can't footlock, no ascenders, few other gizmos. When I get older and tired iin a decade or two I might try out some of that stuff. ;) Right now I'm sailing along on a post-chemo second wind; never felt better!

Kinda freaky that I'm almost old enough to be some of y'all's granddaddy. Respect Your Elders!:jester:

Originally posted by Guy Meilleur

Can't footlock, no ascenders, few other gizmos. When I get older and tired iin a decade or two I might try out some of that stuff. ;)

Thats my plan, also!
beerchug.gif

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Thats my plan, also! [/B][/QUOTE]
then again there is the plan to slowly add labor-saving tricks as our limited techno-aptitude allows, instead of waiting for arthritis etc. etc. Let's work smart, mb; our sweet bird of youth will fly away before we know it. Oh, and, did we get your number??

31 and climbing is easier now than it has been in the past 11 yrs. And I also recommend stretching every day, to all ages of climbers.

Originally posted by jblimbwalker
I also recommend stretching every day, to all ages of climbers.
Oh Yeah, it's not just the years OR the miles, but also the maintenance! Stretching is a must for flexibility and pain-free joints. Running is the second-best cross-training for climbing imo, Kundalini--vigorous!-Yoga is first, for body and mental focus too.;)
Frequent and long sessions of the horizontal mambo also keep old climbers feeling young!

Ok Guy, I'm 35 days short of a half century. I'm not looking forward to the AARP letter in my birthday mailbox. Getting discounts might not be a bad idea.

It really hurts when I get asked if I have a senior discount...right through my heart.

Tom

Latest posts

Back