average age of arborist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

please tell your age

• 16-21

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • 22-28

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • 29-35

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • 35-?

Votes: 40 47.6%

• Total voters
MP, I do the work and have gotten fat anyway-My wife bakes too well!. I need to lose 25lbs but I still can work most people into the ground. Speaking of which-it is time to go prune some trees!

Iworked with a guy in his 60's when I was at UNC 12 years ago. Another rarity--he was black and a good climber. I heard he recently retired at 70.
for a while in the 70's I worked for a guy in Wauwatosa WI who was in his 70's and got up in the tree to show young guys how it was done and to collect samples.
No reason we can't last that long, is there?

"Hard work can be it's own reward"

I think alot of people cannot comprehend the truth in this, and therefore can't see the appeal of difficult jobs like ours. And others of us refuse to quit because we love the work so much....

Tom: Hope you weren't one-handing any of those grocery bags :eek: ;)

Re: Still Going

Originally posted by
I was 56 this past Feb. and still love to climb. I think I'm in the same group as the other guys in my age group. I'm working smarter these days and don't take the chances I might have taken some years back.

Most of my work is take downs and the worst the better.

Jim Baxter :)
How'd this guy post? Look up on this page.....it says he's a "guest"!!??

I hired a guy, not because I needed one so much, but because he's currently not working, and is being deployed to Iraq in January. He is 25 and is a Marine.

We were on this one job for the last three days. This evening he told me that two of the last three days working with me were harder than any of his days in boot camp. He asked how old I was and when I told him 41, I thought his eyes were gonna pop out of his head.

Mebbe when he goes I'll recruit Blue.

Back