Axe Drawknives Knives Planes Pulp Hooks PVs Saws Spokeshaves Pics !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancan

Spruce , The preferred wood of the Purgatory !
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
If it has an edge or a point post them here with a brief description .

attachment.php

Hults Bruks double bit Agdor line .

dont have pictures but i have a small norlund axe made up to the early 30's,a 40's model sager double bit and a double bit marked made in sweden.

small spike hawk by Adam Thiele, Adventure Sworn bushcraft knife
IMGP8542_zps6996c215.jpg

Two Hawks axe and Randall model 1
IMGP8267.jpg

Ken Hamilton fixed blade and Mark McCoun friction folder
IMGP8311.jpg

IMGP8307.jpg

Implements of Destruction !!! (category)

Thanks.

hmmm, gets me to thinking of doing something about that missing camera.

Here are mine
From Top
My first hatchet, from when I was just kid, glommed from my dad, wobbly handle and all.
A 12 year old Friskee
A $1. bargain store that I re-hung. It's a sweety
And a $16 mexican special that just needs an edge and some testing
View attachment 273907

Ill have to organise some up to date pics of my collection!

Heres a quick list.

Hytest Black axe
"dandenong" Kelly
Mann Edge Tool Co (Lewiston)
Aussie Speed Racing Axe-1985
Keesteel Racing Axe-1982
Keesteel Racing Axe-1994
True Blue Racer-1997
Austo's "Stewart" Racing Axe-2003
Tuatahi Racing Axe x 3 (New Zealand)
Plumb x 2

Last edited:
Dancan, nice job on the hatchet haft! Here's a little guy I made at work when the cook asked me to see if I could find him some good wood to cook with on the pit.I was using a wedge and 4lb. hammer to split it with but this made it much better. It's cut from 1/2" plate. I heated the edge and drew it out to a finer edge and finished sharpening with a good pipeliner file. That's a good one I'm thinking Nicholson still makes in the US, mine is anyway.
I guess I have a fairly decent eye, I cut it out just by eye, didn't even draw it first, and it is well balanced. The edge is nowhere as hard as a Swedish or Kelly or other good axe, but I would trust this one over any chineese made crap.View attachment 276047

I also had a drawknife that I made from a paint scraper, very good steel in that, but I think my grandson made off with it, he really liked it.

The second one from the left is neat , what is it ?
Looks like one from Ray Mears on the right .
Thanks, and yes the far right is the Ray Mears | Gransfors Bruks Small Forest Axe. That second axe from the left is the Fire Fighter Flathead Axe, it has a six (6) pound head.

Thanks, and yes the far right is the Ray Mears | Gransfors Bruks Small Forest Axe. That second axe from the left is the Fire Fighter Flathead Axe, it has a six (6) pound head.

Thanks for the info , never seen one of those Flatheads before .
Fire Axe Review Good info on it .

Thanks for the info , never seen one of those Flatheads before .
Fire Axe Review Good info on it .
Yes, read that review before getting the mine. Here's a video you may have seen showing the use of this axe the wrong (right) way.

[video=youtube;AuA3pSCRlW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuA3pSCRlW4[/video]

The eight (8) pound head with the NUPLA HP Fiberglass handle is a beast of an axe and I'm a thinkin'. Hmmm. . .

Back