axe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skiding truck? What kind of work does your bro do?
Get yourself a grub hoe, sharpen the baby up nice and sharp. A couple of good licks with that and should shear the stump off below ground level. Its lots of work but if it has to be done. Has he tryed just driveing around these little trees and letting them grow to replenish the woods?
Oh a would of caution on the way a grub hoe is used becareful not to hit your feet. Because she will make a nice ole cut in them.
Bob

Yes, Skidding truck:
Mvc-870s.jpg

My brother works at a car dealership in the parts department, and also works in our race shop, and is the driver for our race car. We use this truck to haul out logs, load brush in the back, and go mudding with. All for firewood.

Grub hoe eh? Never heard of one, you got a link or a picture?

We built a bumper for the back of the truck, 5" x 1/4"steel pipe, as wide as the back of the truck, welded to angle iron thats through bolted to the fram via 4 1/2" bolts. Its going to have a hook welded on it, Ill post some pictures of the bumper with all of the stuff on it, we pulled out a 8'x 20-24" dead log with it, pretty much idled its way out of the woods.

Neil

Too small for the chainsaw? Your brother should not have bought that big saw with a ridiculously long bar on it. A small saw (The 026 maybe) with a short bar (to make chain sharpening easy when it gets dulled-it will at some point) is just dandy for cutting small stumps low enough to drive over.

We have the big 385 fir felling and bucking, and maybe large stump cuts, and the 026 for the small work. It will eventually be my saw to use when I get older.

Back