Baby Stump Grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bambodoggy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm a stump grinder from the SE of the United Kingdom. I grind with a new Bandit 2100 grinder and all is going well...... accept, here in the UK there are lots of little back gardens with little access. My 2100 will go through most garden gates but not if there's a dogs leg or sharp turn. I pull my 2100 on a trailer behind my 4x4 couble cab pick-up.

Now, my question is: can anyone recommend a very small stump grinder that will fit into all back gardens (yards) and will also fit in the back of my pick-up?

Finally, it has to be available to buy in the UK.

I know Stihl used to do a hand held one but I wanted something about the size of a small lawn mower.

Many thanks for your help guys :)

Hey Wow...thanks for the replies and the pm's.... I'm very greatful....but (always a but) I was thinking even smaller.... I saw one on ebay a little while ago that was based on the largest chainsaw body that Stihl make (might even have been a husky :rolleyes: ) and it sort of sat on a trolly like you're little sister used to wheel her dolls about it (is this making sence to any of you!!! lol).... and was I guess a little smaller than a lawn over...well maybe flymow sized. The sort of thing I can lift (yes lift, not ride up a ram) into the back of my L200 pick-up.

Be much appriciated if anyone knows what I'm talking about and more importantly whereI can lay my grubby mitts on one?

Thanks again... :)

what you want doesn't exist..i have a 252 vermeer and a rayco rg13 this is my small machine ,but without a doubt it can't be lifted by one person into the back of a pick-up its not self drive either ,the only good thing about it is it's only 24'' wide

by the way where did you get your BANDIT stump grinder from ,KENDAL MACHINERY?? and is it deisel??

Husky used to make one like you are talking about it but stopped. They show up on ebay on a regular basis. There was some kind of flaw with them, can't remember what it is? :dizzy: The blade setup maybe?

You can lift the Alpine into a truck pretty easily. I do it all the time. It weighs less than 100 lbs. I can't imagine a grinder smaller than the Alpine. I bought it specifically to do the stumps that all the other guys say they can't get to. I have done stumps that even the tiny Praxis would not have been able to do. I also charge a high price when the Alpine is the only machine that can get to it.

Many thanks again Lads.... I knew I'd seen one on Ebay :)

Can you tell me who makes this "Alpine" one mentioned above and if they are available in the UK (Mind you a business trip to Hawaii to collect could be very much in order!lol).

Hey Rolla, I bought the bandit off of a company called "BE Industries", and it's the first one of it's kind in the UK. I can PM you my contact there's details if you're interested mate?

Many thanks again Lads.... I knew I'd seen one on Ebay

Can you tell me who makes this "Alpine" one mentioned above and if they are available in the UK (Mind you a business trip to Hawaii to collect could be very much in order!lol).

Hey Rolla, I bought the bandit off of a company called "BE Industries", and it's the first one of it's kind in the UK. I can PM you my contact there's details if you're interested mate?

Dude, second post in the thread by Tom.

http://www.alpinemagnum.com/index.htm

Its cool man.

As to the alpines, they have some vids on the sight. I am considering it, so we can advertise we can grind ANY stump and to use on far off jobs doing small tree removals where it would be more cost effective than bringing a grinder all the way out there.

Carlton 4012PN

May be you should trade the Bandit for a Carlton SP4012PN cost less then the Bandit and is only 29" wide and comes with dual wheels as standard equipment, or try out the Carlton SP900H for those back yard stumps.

Give us a call

Carl2400SeriesSpecs.jpg

Those are the specs?

Liston said:
May be you should trade the Bandit for a Carlton SP4012PN cost less then the Bandit and is only 29" wide and comes with dual wheels as standard equipment, or try out the Carlton SP900H for those back yard stumps.

Give us a call

Well that's a mighty fine offer but I'm happy with my bandit thanks, it's not a lot smaller than the Carton (couple of inches maybe) and I'd still need a trailer for either. Also the bandit I have came with dual wheels, hydrolic tonge extension (if only I could spell it!) as well as both wired and radio remote control...heck if it's chucking it down with rain I can sit in he cab of my Warrior Pick-up and work the machine from there! lol :)

Would I be able to pick the SP900H up by hand and chuck it in the back of the Warrior? If so then I'd defo be interested Mate :)

Lumberjack said:
I think the Alpine runs right around 4k over here. I have a current price sheet but its at the house.

Just talked with the company yesterday. Current price is $3495 + shipping and there is a 5 week order backlog. $1000 deposit required to order and they will ship it COD when it's made.

ROLLACOSTA said:
www.arborplant.co.uk for the very expensive [well overhere ] Alpine Magnum

Many thanks for that, I actually got hold of the US people yesterday who passed my details to Arborplant, who then called me to say they were sending me a brochure and price list so that should be waiting for me when I get home this evening.

If anyone's interested I'll post the UK price on here?

Latest posts

Back