Baby Stump Grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 900 is a bit heavy for you to lift on your own but with a set of folding alloy ramps
(check out my web site we stock these) you will have no problem wheeling it on to your pickup.
I have a set for my FORD RANGER and manage ok.
Have sold plenty of 900's to guys like yourself with larger machine with same problem.

come down to the yard and give it a go,I have a 900 and ramps you can try.

Regards

David Kendall.
ps/ be interested to see your Bandit grinder.

Liston why don't they make the little stump cutter's with a hydrostatic drive for the wheel's ??..we don't by them because there cheap we buy the little grinders when access is a problem...i wish i had bought the DAN-EQUIP stump grinder hydrostatic 25hp and 26'' wide a few inche's make's a lot of differance.....pushing smaller stump grinders towords or into stump/chip is bloody hard going

Yeah lopa

The cream of the crop in small self propelled, Stumphumper 2000T.

The 1800D comes std, 18hp briggs, but 2000T has 20 hp Kohler.

No brake req'd, pivots on central pin so no wrestling the terrain.

I guarentee you they can't do all the stumps an Alpine can. I did a 12" dia. stump that was in a area 24"X18" surrounded by concrete that was 8 inches high (above the cut level of the stump) on one side, and 4 inches high on the other. I had cut the stump 3 inches above grade and ground it down 8" below grade. Any machine with wheels will have an awful time grinding on a steep slope. The Alpine has a ground stake you can put on the stand when grinding. It has no wheels to roll on a slope.

Self drive baby stumpers

It all comes down to units sold and market price.

What price would a grinder user expect to pay for a hydrostat grinder with say, 13hp? £4K maybe?.

We can build what the market wants to buy, but one off machines cost 4 x as much as a production model because of R&D costs are not absorbed in units numbers.

I would be interested to here what you guys want and for how much you think you would pay for it. :)

Latest posts

Back