Bachtold log splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There not particularly easy to use, and yes they are ugly (to look at). My mate has one, I reckon there crap.
what do you want to do with it? your own firewood or production logs for sale?

if you want to do production firewood, they are dreadfull. What sort of timber do you want to do?

My dad sold them for about 10 years. I know Carl Bachtold personally. I put them together as they were shipped to us. 20 years ago they were about the first ones out there. Now you can buy a splitter on any corner...Bob

Rolla, ask thors hammer about his Palax combi M, i use them and reckon they are simple to maintain and use and you can get through a good few ton in a day! A good machine!

The only problem with the palax type machines is their capacity. 10" timber is your max really. But yes, they are good apart from that.

versatile in the fact that you can split the rings using just the ram and splitter, so any thing oversize can be dealt with that way...and reasonably priced too, easy to maintain....

Back