Back in Service...Which Grinder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forreststump

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hola Good People,

This is my first post. I am back in service after crushing both of my feet Six months ago and am going to buy a new grinder to replace the RG50 I had to sell. Want to stay bigger but back yard accessible and am leaning towards another Rayco, possibly the Super RG50 or the Carlton 7015 with a Sanvik Wheel. Any thoughts? Anyone use the Sanvik Wheel?
Not sure of the big advantage to the Hydrostatic Transmission on the Raycos as compared to the belt driven Carlton either. Any thoughts on that? I ran a successful business for nearly three years, but the crushed feet and the birth of my son on the same day as the injury forced me to sell the RG50 as I could not keep up with the payments.
thanks
kirk

Hey, my company just traded in our 4400 D and our 7500 carltons on the 7015 with the sandvik wheel. The guys love it, it does not throw chips all over, the teeth can be swapped to the other side of the wheel to double the life, the wheels come off and go back on easily. We got the wired and wireless remotes. We have put about 25-30 hours on it so far with no complaints. I am not saying it is better than the rayco, just that it works good for our needs. We grind stumps on most of our removals and the machine handles even the larger white pine and oak stumps with ease.

Elmnut, thanks for the info. I miss my grinder and am going to get another soon. DHUFF...I live in Commerce Twp. I was just in Redford today taking my son to see his great grand parents. They live on Olimpia at 7 and Beech Daly. I work in Detroit at Springwells and I-75.

Back