Health issues forcing retirement. Selling my Carlton 4012 sump grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mowingman

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well, my old bones are getting too worn out for stump grinding. As I posted earlier this year, I had shoulder surgery, to fix one of my major health problems. During that downtime, I sold my 44hp diesel Carlton 4012 and "retired". Rehab went well, so I bought a 35hp gas Carlton 4012 and started grinding again, on a much reduced work schedule. Well, now I have hip and knee problems. It is hard for me to walk around as I move the grinder around any kind of rough uneven ground. Looks like another round of surgery is coming due.
I guess the time for retirement has come, so I am going to sell my stump grinder and take it easy. I will post it over on the "for sale" section soon.
In the meantime, let me know if you need a good clean used 4012 grinder. It is a 2012 year model, 391 hrs, lever control, Carlton/Sandvic wheel, 35HP B&S Vanguard big block engine, hydraulic bulldozer blade,grinder right side.JPG grinder left side.JPG grinder trailer.JPG first stump grinder back.JPG always owner operated and maintained, looks and runs like new,new spare teeth, belt, spare tire/wheel,and air filters included. Can include a custom built, heavy duty tilt-bed trailer as part of the deal, if you want it. Located 30 miles north of Dallas, Tx.
Price for grinder is $16,000. Trailer is $1000. Package deal on both is $16500.
Send me a message if interested.

Sorry to here your retiring.But only you know when enough is enough and time to throw in the towel.Good luck with your surgeries,today makes two years since my hip replacement,had complications and took me 11 months to get back grinding.My machine is wireless remote and as you know makes a big difference.I just go at a slower pace.

Yes, we plan on getting a lot more use out of the camper in the near future.
Jeff

Hi Jeff.....
Having the same problems, 2 kidney stone surg and just dia with prostate cancer, will be starting
8 wks of radiation soon, prob will sell machine soon, may keep it just for small jobs, depending on
how I feel,,,,,giving calls to a friend I sold my first bandit to 4 years ago...will see how it go's..

Wishing u the best in your retirement...

Bob.....:barbecue:

Sold my machine and trailer last night. I am officially RETIRED!
Jeff

Hi Jeff..Sold grinder and trlr sunday, got enough to pay for it and the new engine,
so we are both officially retired, now can concentrate on health issues and getting
some stuff done around the house, but will miss the income from grinder..

Enjoy your retirement...

Bob...:barbecue:

Hi Jeff..Sold grinder and trlr sunday, got enough to pay for it and the new engine,
so we are both officially retired, now can concentrate on health issues and getting
some stuff done around the house, but will miss the income from grinder..

Enjoy your retirement...

Bob...:barbecue:
Glad to hear you got yours sold also. I hope you have a great retirement too.
Take care,
Jeff

Bob & Jeff
Good luck on your retirements and health. Don't forget about us, don't fade away from us either--keep giving us great advice and inputs
Take Care!
Swaney
P.C., FL.

Back