Back up milling saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookerdog

The New Champ
Reaction score
I am looking for a backup milling saw to my 3120. Was looking at the 395 but for 2# lighter and only 6 cc less plus 100.00 dollars cheaper the 390xp is interesting. Anyone use the 390 yet. My 372 needs to retire from milling.

milling saws

woodshop said:
Just curious why you would need TWO big milling saws?
Well just love saws for one:) But when I set up I like to have two saw. One with a 24 or 28 inch bar and one with a 16 or 20 inch bar. Depends on what Im milling that day. I will rotate between the two saw often depending what IM doing. I will slap with the bigger saw and then cut up the cants with the smaller one. But then again I really don't need two just love saws.:)

Yep- can't ever have too many saws... wait, I've read that before...hmmm:)

I'm rebuilding a 066 with the intention of using it for a backup milling saw. I think it will be a huge time saver in the long run.

As for your original question, sorry, no help here.

saw closet

aggiewoodbutchr said:
Yep- can't ever have too many saws... wait, I've read that before...hmmm:)

I'm rebuilding a 066 with the intention of using it for a backup milling saw. I think it will be a huge time saver in the long run.

As for your original question, sorry, no help here.
Thats what I say aggie. My saw closet is getting bigger then my gun closet. Was thinking about selling a couple of my guns to buy the new saw.

bookerdog said:
Thats what I say aggie. My saw closet is getting bigger then my gun closet. Was thinking about selling a couple of my guns to buy the new saw.

:jawdrop: SELL GUNS!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Sell something else! The car... the house... anything but the guns!!!

You might can tell I like shooting as much as sawing.

Last edited:
I have to agree. And I'm a vegetarian for god's sake. Dont sell the guns. After having to unholster my .44mag once, just to let someone know I had it, I have to say: "out of my cold, dead hand". Or something like that, anyway. Felt good to be protected, lord knows I didn't want to shoot the bastard, but if he'd tried to hurt my family, god help him. I'd shoot the thing more, but good god ammo is expensive. .50 a round minimum; usually more like .80. Dirty harry "lite specials"----corbon. Yes, I've seen the movie a dozen times. I've got the shortbarrel version, though. Concealable.....just barely. weighs 3 lbs empty!!!

reloading

reloading is very addictive. The reason for selling a couple of guns is because I have 21 and a couple are duplicates

Sorry if this is a double post.
Yes it is nice to have a backup milling saw. I have a 075 with the alaskan for the logs that are to big for the mill , 066 for slabing, and an 084 for cutting the cants,and a 026PRO for cutting knotts or what ever.

Damn, should I talk you out of selling guns or ask whats up on the auction block:confused:

Hells yea, sell away. I'll give you 5 bucks for em, sight unseen.

Back