Backhoe Splitter Pix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clawmute

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A few pix of the splitter I added to my backhoe. Whole thing detaches so backhoe bucket can be put back on.
DSC01330.jpg

Started off the splitter using a HEAVY home made Max--monster maul head. Splitter starts off with a minimum included angle, then incresases to a greater one after a few inches.
DSC01333.jpg

Attachment to joystick for extend-retract. Just a 1" pipe nipple capped off with a bent 1/4" hex bolt welded to each side as a hook for cable ends.
DSC01346.jpg

Turned these little wire rope pulleys on my Southbend 9" lathe. They are mounted on the outriggers, so I can tension the cables with them.
DSC01347.jpg

Breaking down a 20" Ash
DSC01302.jpg

View of the whole thing. I can operatee the splitter in a vertical fashion by retracting both booms.
DSC01343.jpg

Next step? Addition to use the cylinder retract (instead of my back)to pull another block up from the bottom for loading, like a rifle bolt drawing a cartridge from the magazine. If I ever stop doing stuff to it I will paint it Kubota Orange! Lipstick for the old hog!

Have a good day!

Last edited:
flip it over and you can operate right from the seat.

That's nice & I've watched the video before, but I didn't have to (& didn't want to) purchase another cylinder, hoses, valve & etc. Think cheap! Also I pull a couple of pins and can have my digger bucket back on pretty quick.

Tinman.gif

Last edited:
Remove bucket

Also I pull a couple of pins and can have my digger bucket back on pretty quick.

We have one pin, and it takes about 1 minute to switch between the bucket and splitter. Our total cost was around $500 with the lines...

Sure looks like your's will work just as good, it's always a neat thing to see what others are doing... Good Job !!!

bucket_removal_400.jpg

sunday_parked.jpg

We have one pin, and it takes about 1 minute to switch between the bucket and splitter. Our total cost was around $500 with the lines...

Sure looks like your's will work just as good, it's always a neat thing to see what others are doing... Good Job !!!

bucket_removal_400.jpg

sunday_parked.jpg

I design machinery all day long, but like it the best when I'm really makin' tha' stuff! Congrats on a good idea well executed! :clap:

Dudley_Doright.gif

Latest posts

Back