Bad day milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marklambert61

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Found out today that my Husky saw aint quite as durable and I though she was.

I back over it with a JD 270 Skid Steer....

Damit all

Mark

Better days ahead

Well is it able to be rebuilt?
I watch a guy hop in his truck to move the trailer that was loaded with about 4,000 bft of lumber. He backed that trailer right over his saw, but all the damage was cosmetic.

I backed over one of my saws, but fortunately it was only a disposable Homelite. I made a new handle out of electrical conduit, hammered the bar back into shape, and still use that ugly saw.

My Alaskan mill cracked in two while dancing with a 1000 pound log in the back of the truck on the way home from milling. I welded it back together and it works fine.

Good luck with your crushed Husky. :mad:

Saw repair

Won't be as bad as I first thought ordered all the parts to fix from Baileys $119.00.

I have learned my lesson about where I put my tools and saw when I'm running the mill being disorganized can be expensive...

Mark

Ya my dad used my 346xp for a wheel chalk the other day on accident. It broke the case. I found a case on ebay and swapped all the good parts on it. I'm waiting for a clutch sprocket and it will be ready to go. I'll have $70 in fixing it. Sucks but it happens. Look on e-bay you'll see your not the only one to do it.

Scott

I have learned my lesson about where I put my tools and saw when I'm running the mill being disorganized can be expensive...

I always walk round the vehicle once before driving away to check there's nothing left.

One thing about running over your saw is that not everyone notices that you did it, unlike those poor soles that fall a tree across the bed of there truck. A crushed truck stands out like a sore thumb. Knock on wood I have not done either.

I've never crushed a saw yet, but did distroy a bar in a large walnut.I got it pinched but removed the saw from the bar before dropping the tree with my milling saw which is all i had to drop it after that.The bar was bent real bad, so i just replaced it with a new one.Glad to hear your saw can be fixed Mark.:)

A buddy of mine (logger) drove over his brand new ms660 a few years ago with the skidder. Brand new - like 2 days old. About $1000 back then. Didn't know he did it until he saw a orange tangled mess stuck in the track. Didn't tell his wife for almost a week.

Back