Bailey's 20NK vs Oregon 95VP chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yes, I know that they are sold in Norway, but the price our cottage nabour had to pay to get it mail order holds me off - from what I have read, I definately don't want to pay premium prices for Carlton chain........

Around here are there some difference in prices, one dealer have 13" and/or 15" bar and chain that is the best deal around, but I haven't seen this to "premium prices" around here.

Around here are there some difference in prices, one dealer have 13" and/or 15" bar and chain that is the best deal around, but I haven't seen this to "premium prices" around here.

Probably not, but when you add freight.........:pumpkin2:

Btw, MAG, here it is totally different from what you said about Husky, Jred and Stihl dealers - the Huskys are sold only by full service dealers, while Stihls and Jreds are sold also by warehouses/ box stores etc........

Funny :laugh: Guess I live in Jonsered and STIHL land :D even if there is some Husqvarna full service dealers ( :bowdown: one really GOOD) in this Land.
SawTroll how many store, dealers, and full service dealers (chainsaw ;) ) are there in an hour around you ?:rolleyes:

Funny :laugh: Guess I live in Jonsered and STIHL land :D even if there is some Husqvarna full service dealers ( :bowdown: one really GOOD) in this Land.
SawTroll how many store, dealers, and full service dealers (chainsaw ;) ) are there in an hour around you ?:rolleyes:

Four Husky, two Stihl and one Jonsered (well, not quite sure about that one, it is a Tractor dealer that also sell saws) - but their attitude seems good.

If you add the "box stores", there is two additional Stihl ones, and two additional Jred/Partner/Poulan ones......

Last edited:
Four Husky, two Stihl and one Jonsered (well, not quite sure about that one, it is a Tractor dealer that also sll saws).

If you add the "box stores", there is two additional Stihl ones, and two additional Jred/Partner/Poulan ones......

Here it's all way around, around Six or Seven Jonsered and STIHL, Two or Tree Husqvarna (and many of this is big Tractor/Farm equipment dealers).
The problem whit some of this dealer's have been that they go from one brand to another.

And the "box stores" I have know idea
:cheers:
:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
oregon versus nk

they chains are one and the same. made in the same factory just differnt branding done after they are assembled, also quality of chains very from the pro saw chains.:biggrinbounce2:

they chains are one and the same. made in the same factory just differnt branding done after they are assembled, also quality of chains very from the pro saw chains.:biggrinbounce2:

Oregon and Husqvarna are the same.

Carlton and "Outdoor Accessories" Chains and Bars (NK) are the same.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like the same chain to me, except cosmetically. What do you think is the difference?

None, except the markings on the tie straps.....:biggrinbounce2:

They both look like pretty close copies of the 95VP/H30, nut they lack the low-vibe chassis........;)

like i said one and the same

Looks like the same chain to me, except cosmetically. What do you think is the difference?
look at the drive tang . they both say k1 which is the factory code for .325 pitch.

hate to tell you

Not true, read MAGs post above......;)
sawtroll my info comes from a factory rep who is a friend of mine. i have seen samples of these come of the production line. so my facts are correct. all companys are a division of Blount industries. check their home page if you need more proof.:popcorn: :givebeer:

sawtroll my info comes from a factory rep who is a friend of mine. i have seen samples of these come of the production line. so my facts are correct. all companys are a division of Blount industries. check their home page if you need more proof.:popcorn: :givebeer:

Hmmm - why doesn't the Carlton/Woodsmanpro have the low-vibe chassis then, and a bit harder steel..........:dizzy: :dizzy:

OREGON/WINDSOR is from http://www.blount.com/ Not Carlton/Woodsmanpro.
:greenchainsaw:

Back