Bailey's 460 big bore kit..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its so bamn simple it might as whell be a zipper,it takes no skill to do it. if it takes longer than a half an hour for anyone to do this they can just go ahead and send all their saws to me cause they have no buisness owning them. a 4 year old can do it.

I put one of these on my 460. Runs pretty well. Haven't had much time on it since, but its been getting better each time it gets run. Here's what I figured out from the numbers:

Bore up 2MM to 54MM - Same as MS660
Displacement goes up to 82.4 CC - Gain of 5.9 CC's, about 2.5 CC's less than MS650

And yes, it is simple. I threw it on while watching a movie.

I was thinking about adding the Bailey's BB kit to my 044... Would any of the builders on arboristsite port one of these kits before even being installed on my saw? Approx how much gain could be expected from stock to ported big bore kit? How much would a builder charge to do a modest port job on a new BB kit before being installed?

Thanks

You figure a stock replacement it around $175? can't go wrong at $109 in my book and they seem to hold up good since the wrist pin clip ordeal has been fixed. And like Boston Bull stated - their is a lot more to work with if you want to port the cylinder.

There must have been a huge production run and they are dumping them or something. Ebay is already filled with these for sale. I have to laugh cause the going rate is now $129.00.

I bought 2, one just for fun and one to think about sending off to get massaged.

Back