Bailey's Catalog 2014

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered some stuff from bailey's and would like to retract some of my previous statement. The website was much easier to navigate than the last time I tried (maybe 2 months ago), and the shipping was 8 bucks for a bunch of stuff via priority mail. This is much better than before, and did not make me want to shop around when I saw the price

Keep in mind that if you personally go to the USPS to mail a small package across the USA as Priority it is going to be close to $8.

But the commercial 1st class rate is closer to $2 for a company like Bailey's.

.... Dang, I can get stuff from China for way less shipping than from.....

Like many Americans, I'm frustrated by our loss of manufacturing jobs. But sometimes, what I am looking for is going to nearly have to come from China. Like you, I have found that the Chinese charge very little for shipping, and on some items, you can cut out the middle man for considerable savings, if a person is willing to wait for whatever. If I'm going to be forced to buy Chinese, I'm going to put as much of the savings in my pocket as possible.

Howdy,
It really wouldn't be fair to talk about particulars. Besides, I wouldn't want this to turn into a thread full of pix of people with white hair, and curled up toes after reading. Generally speaking, Bailey's has turned from a service company to marketing company after Bill left us. The folks who took over wanted to put their own mark on the face of Bailey's, unfortunately it's been a pock.
Regards
Gregg

Howdy,
To me, it looks like they're heading in the right direction.
For quite a while the Bailey's catalog was the go to reference for pricing in our industry. You could go to shops all over the country and not find a Bailey's catalog because it was behind the counter. It's not like shops would buy much (oil & water in those days) from Bailey's but, they sure knew what they could charge for the same thing. If I get one in the mail, you better believe it'll be on my desk.
Working their way back to being a service oriented company would be a long row to hoe. One thing about being a family owned business, is it's a very big stable ship but, it takes time and space to turn it. We all know it's relative, they just have to set a course they want.

Regards
Gregg

To everyone complaining about shipping........ Grande Dog has said more than once that for the best shipping prices you have to request a quote. I don't buy much from them cause I like to support the local guy, but if I were to buy anything, I would call and request the cheapest way to ship.

Back