Bailey's Rag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgfitz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
No, not a song, but the 2008 edition magazine arrived. Them Solo's
look mighty close to another brand, and they are more expensive.Never
seen one, anywhere. And oh yea, whats the reason for a trimmer weighing
sixty pounds?LOL

What happened to the Husky's and Dolmars in the new catalog. Husky not allowing selling by mail anymore? I was kinda disappointed.

No, not a song, but the 2008 edition magazine arrived. Them Solo's
look mighty close to another brand, and they are more expensive.Never
seen one, anywhere. And oh yea, whats the reason for a trimmer weighing
sixty pounds?LOL

I noticed the 60lb trimmer also. :jawdrop: It makes my 165r seem light!

Ed

The saws might be similar, or even nearly identical. But no one has told me yet what I get for the extra 100 dollars. Or where my local servicing dealer is. Hard enough to find a Dolmar dealer that actually stocks parts and works on the saws, my 2 closest Solo "dealers" have 1 or 2 saws on a shelf in a hardware store.

But isn't the Solo there selling, the same as a Dolmar? or is that the reason?

Although they look similar they are two different companies. Both German saws. They both have been around for a long time. I think Solo has been trying to break into the US market and copped the Dolmar restyle.:greenchainsaw:

I have a Solo dealer 5 miles from me. He has been in busy for many years and provides good service.

Bill

Those weights on the trimmers are the shipping weights due to the dimensional size of the packaging. The specs. section has the actual weights.

Weighs my heart

Those weights on the trimmers are the shipping weights due to the dimensional size of the packaging. The specs. section has the actual weights.

Now do you honestly believe that?LOL My son first pointed it out to
me of course, seems he is always educating his ol' man. Just mailed out
order for a few roles of that 34LP chain for my little Stihls, man the dealers
around here charge $16.00 a roll, and it has to be safety chain, and that
is for 14inch stuff.Thanks.

Back