Bandit 2100 stump cutter any comments?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpbgent

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new stump grinder and it's down to:

Vermeer 352
Rayco 16xx
Bandit 2100sp (diesel)

I'm pretty familiar with vermeer and rayco, but NO idea about
Bandits equipment. Any info, first second or third party would
be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks in advance.

I would wait for field tested feedback before buying a Bandit stump grinder. Same thing applies to Morbark stump grinders, Carlton and Rayco chippers. All these items are pretty new and made by companies who never made them before. Of the three choices you offered, I would pick the Rayco.

Xander do you have personal experience of the 352, i have had mine in a hell of a state and it has never 'flipped'. i suspect it would give you a warning if it was about too. vermeer is a good machine....

we flipped our vermeer 2 time. Sold it and bought a carlton. the center of gravity is too high on the vermeer.

well i am baffled by that....own one for a while, been though some ????ty stumps on muddy banks and never felt like i was never in control, been close.....but it is a big machine....what the 352 is not is a 1625/31.....different gravy....

Try to negotiate a side hill that has at least a 4:1 pitch. You can go straight up and down ok.......but if you HAVE to drive down the side of it.........well......it can get dicey really quick.

we just ordered a Carlton ! are bandit dealer said "i would Waite a year or two for us to work out some moor of the bugs" i have a good friend at the dealer ship!

I just bought a new Carlton 4012 with the Lombardini diesel. It is a very similar machine to the Bandit 2100. I have heard that Carlton and Bandit are at war copying each others equipement but don't know that for shure. I can tell you that I am very pleased with my new Carlton. I got it with the new Sandvic cutter wheel which works extremely well.
I can tell you to stay away from the Morbark stump grinder. I bought one and took it back after a week. Morbark as many issues to work through before their machine is ready.
I delt with R. Z. Zimmerman in Atlanta and they are great people. They went all out for me.
Hope this helps.

Cut 2 Please said:
I just bought a new Carlton 4012 with the Lombardini diesel. It is a very similar machine to the Bandit 2100. I have heard that Carlton and Bandit are at war copying each others equipement but don't know that for shure. I can tell you that I am very pleased with my new Carlton. I got it with the new Sandvic cutter wheel which works extremely well.
I can tell you to stay away from the Morbark stump grinder. I bought one and took it back after a week. Morbark as many issues to work through before their machine is ready.
I delt with R. Z. Zimmerman in Atlanta and they are great people. They went all out for me.
Hope this helps.

Yes, the Lombardini diesel, very interested to hear anything about that motor. Please report any news here...

Thanks in advance,

Have 4 Grinders Rayco1665AC, 2-vermeer 630a,and just trated my rayco 1625 this past spring and bought a carlton SP4012 with kohler 27h.p. and Love it.As I replace my Grinders they will all be Carltons.

Pollock777 said:
Have 4 Grinders Rayco1665AC, 2-vermeer 630a,and just trated my rayco 1625 this past spring and bought a carlton SP4012 with kohler 27h.p. and Love it.As I replace my Grinders they will all be Carltons.

Interesting.. Hey, I'm from Jersey also (originally)... What exit ?

:)

Xander I use my 352 at least 3 times a week ,at first it felt a bit wobbly but after a few hours use I found out it was all in my head ,i don't think the machine [352] will roll any easier than any other grinder out there..

wpbgent said:
Anyone with bandit 2100 or rayco 1623/31 experiences ?

Do a search of Rayco 1625/ 1625a and I have a few threads started about mine. I looked at a 1631, but heard about fuel troubles with the Briggs engine, I like the Vermeer 352 but my area has some hills and I would need to use it without the extra wheels which might make it unstable. The 352 does offer a nice step up from my 1625 in price and power and it fills the gap between the 15K 1625/1631 and the 35k/45k Rayco 50/super50. I will take another look at it in the spring. As for the bandit and morbark, they are too new on the market and like others have said I don't get paid as a field tester. I have run the carlton 2700 series and find it to be a solid machine but much too heavy on the cutter end, without the dual wheels it sinks in the chips to easily. JMHO :) Good luck in your search.

The 352 I used did not have the extra wheels...........I'm sure this would have made a huge difference.........wider stance......more uphill weight. Do the wheels come on and off easy? How wide is it with the extra wheels?

Latest posts

Back