Bandit 250XP Hydraulic Lift Cylinder Issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrimsonArbor

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am running a 04' Bandit 250xp. Yesterday, the yoke lever for the hydraulic lift cylinder was not working well. Felt alot of play and it was not responsive most of the time when raising and applying pressure on debris. No visible leaks. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Linkage or valve. Mines doing the same thing just haven't had time to mess with it yet. If I get to it I'll let you know what I come up with

Just talked to a mechanic who services BB's today. He said it sounds like it's the piston going bad. Not sure if I agree. I adjusted the pressure. Only works down not up. If it was the piston, I would think I would see pressure and movement in the hoses leading to the piston or at least see the piston make some attempt to move. I'm leaning towards a bad valve but I'm not the expert. Thanks. If I find out anything else, I'll be sure to pass it on.

It's the valve. I loosened the line from the valve to the piston and checked for pressure. No pressure. No fluid in the line.

For future readers....even bandit sells all the parts for both types of the valves used on their units for cheap. Not alot to them and can be rebuilt while on the machine as long as you can get to both ends.

Latest posts

Back