Bandit 2550 stump grinder wheel came off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very disappointing treecutter jnr, what's causing it, does the wheel turn over OK by hand, or is it touching something.

Bearings completely shot put a few sparks out. What's goin' on mate ?

As far as returning it to you in that conidition, hard to credit the repairer could be so bad.

Better crack a coldie, you deserve one.

Hey for sure it's BS, but as long as they pick it up and repair it under warranty it will be ok, every piece of equipment could fail, even after a repair, saw, cars whatever.
But for sure the owner should not pay for this.
I hope for them, that Bandit covers the loss of machine time with a free rental unit or a bucket full of teeth.

They came back to pick it up this morning.
Apparently the torque specs on the new bigger shaft are different from the original shaft (almost double they said) and Bandit didn't tell the repair guys sooooo....I guys they'll get on it.

I've got half-finished stumps piling up all around town.

Since the wheel was under torqued it essentially started coming out/ un-threading from the hydraulic motor? Who knows . You just gotta take the good with the bad. On the plus side my teeth seemed extra sharp for those 10 minutes it was cutting. :)

Got my grinder back! ! Yyyaaaayyyy! Check it out!
It shoots fire now!
They told me they did some "test stumps" to make sure everything was working good! Yeah Right :(

Good grief treecutterjr, sounds like your dealer is out of touch with the factory. Can you mention who it is? Maybe someone from Bandit monitors this site and will straighten them out? My dealer is on top of these stumpers and does a good job when I have had a problem.

The motors they use are made in Sweden, my understanding is it was not a material issue but rather an issue with the size of the shaft which has been corrected. As I said earlier mine was replaced under warranty and no issues since. It has been a good machine.

Carlton chippers are reverse engineered bandits...hence the reason why bandit started making their own stumpers...kinda a way to get back at them...back in the day it wasnt uncommon for equipment dealers to stock bandit cbippers and carlton stumpers...bandit lost dealers when carlton became a "one stop shop". Carlton chippers dont chip or hold up like bandits do.

Latest posts

Back