Bandit 65 Model Specs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouse

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any info on the differences between the various 65 models? As far as I can see there seems to be a 65AW 65E 65EW 65XL 65XP!! ive been having a good search about but cant really find enough info to compare them all, I would of hoped there was something at the Bandit web site but like most other manufactures there only interested in listing specs about there latest gear!

Cheers

Nobody got any info at all:(

How about the difference between the AW and EW since thses will probably be more in my price range.

Whats your price range?

The EW was the first of the europeanised 65's, with twin rollers. not sure about the others

Prob about 5 grand, got a bc625i to sell dont really wanna spend much dough.

Hi,

Does anyone have any info on the differences between the various 65 models? As far as I can see there seems to be a 65AW 65E 65EW 65XL 65XP!! ive been having a good search about but cant really find enough info to compare them all, I would of hoped there was something at the Bandit web site but like most other manufactures there only interested in listing specs about there latest gear!

Cheers

65AW is an american spec version with US axles etc and drawbar shouldnt be any in uk
65E was the first version of the slimmed down 65 to come over to the uk basically they took the 65 and lightened it up to try and get into the sub 750kg market in conjunction with the then dealer kendall machinery but it was a disaster! there wont be many out in the uk that haven't been modded or strengthened,axles die as they were under specced and some very early ones have us axles on them best avoided
65EW is essentially the same machine but with a wider chassis that was uprated and a better uk axle and drawbar most had over run brakes fitted by the uk dealer
65XL and XP are the later versions better specced twin rollers etc

Excellent info!;)
Just what i was after thanks very much.
Looks like it needs to be a 65EW onwards then. I wasnt sure about the E/EW thing, thought it may be the same model just with the W dropped for some reason.I'll have to be carefull too make sure i dont end up with the E model sounds like a bit of a bodge up job:laugh:
Seems that you know your stuff, a Bandit dealer?:biggrinbounce2:

Once again thanks for the info much appreciated.

no problem glad to help
the "W" on EW means Wide chassis to seperate it from the E version
the early 65e machines suffered badly from cracking especially the diesel engined ones particularly around the infeed and the engine base, the lombardini electrics also used to spike the autofeed and as a result they stop working

Not a bandit dealer but i used to work for Kendall machinery who were :biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back