Bandit 65xp infeed roller troubles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to dig up these pictures from my old computer.
Here is the pin I'm refering to. The paint was ground off just prior to welding. As we lifted the feed roller assembly, the crack became larger.

One of mine also cracked a few years ago. A friend who is a far better welder than me welded it up better than original.
No problems since. I don't know for how many hours or days it was broken while we were still using the chipper, but it never destroyed the bearing in any case. It was the pin on the same side as the infeed roller motor.

Noticed your Bandit has a 44 hp diesel,(nice!!!), wondering if you are frequently chipping a lot of 5 or 6" dia. wood, or possibly feeding the chipper with a miniskid or mini excavator?

Noticed your Bandit has a 44 hp diesel,(nice!!!), wondering if you are frequently chipping a lot of 5 or 6" dia. wood, or possibly feeding the chipper with a miniskid or mini excavator?
I frequently feed 6'' but always by hand i never use machinery to feed. The problem is that the roller can take 8'' easily but then doesnt go through the actual disc opening i got jammed pretty often. Like i said before when the roller exceed 6''inch of openning, the roller cage forces against 2 squares of metal. I limited the opening with blocks maybe it will stop exploading my bearings. anyways i dont need more that 6'' opening from the roller since wood bigger than that wont go through the opening.

I did, they never saw that on any 65. The dealer is 3hrs drive away. The only truck i have to haul it is my F700, i'll try anything before spending 200$ on fuel. Thanks for your answers guys!

Check the shaft, it sounds like it is bent. I own one of these machines and have 40+ years experience dealing with rotating equipment from a former occupation. That is the only reason the gearing should fail in this application.

Back