Bandit 90xp magnetic speed sensor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbj

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Looks like i need a new sensor bandit wants $250.00 anyone have any other sources also will attach pics of the number on sensor and on the Perkins motor and it looks like this sensor has been replaced before due to the date on the sensor . It just seems extremely overpriced for a basic sensor .I just replaced the tach

Attachments

• 34F0B90B-6775-41AA-925A-B521FC53AFAF.jpeg
    34F0B90B-6775-41AA-925A-B521FC53AFAF.jpeg
    914.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 4017285C-46B5-46B0-BDF9-D000302BD46A.jpeg
    4017285C-46B5-46B0-BDF9-D000302BD46A.jpeg
    991.9 KB · Views: 0
Looks like i need a new sensor bandit wants $250.00 anyone have any other sources also will attach pics of the number on sensor and on the Perkins motor and it looks like this sensor has been replaced before due to the date on the sensor . It just seems extremely overpriced for a basic sensor .I just replaced the tach
Not sure but try to Google the part and or part number name make etc. So its a Bandit add on or Perkins part? I'm assuming Bandit put it on there? That is pricey for that little sensor.

Went through this with a Vermeer/Cat engine. The sensor was not shown on the Cat parts diagram. Found a look alike on ebay for much less, but because the thread did not match it would not work.

After giving in...the Vermeer part arrived in a package for their stump grinder. The connector was different, but the sensor screwed into the bell housing okay so the connector was eliminated by splicing and soldering.

BUT why am I sharing my story for a Bandit machine? Good question.

It did not fix the problem, there was a wiring issue between the sensor and the computer.
By measuring the sensor signal with a DVM (at the sensor) and then at the computer I would have discovered the actual fault.

You need to pull the sensor out and see if the flywheel ate it up. If so, you'll need a new one. The reason they're hard to find is that they're metric. I have one for $170.37. You can call me at the number below.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Thanks for all the replies but already ordered through bandit but after pulling sensor tried attaching to anything metal and did not react to metal like a magnet should . But after ordering tried the AC voltage at idle .321 and full throttle .298 I would have thought volts would increase with more throttle if the sensor was operating correctly

Thanks for all the replies but already ordered through bandit but after pulling sensor tried attaching to anything metal and did not react to metal like a magnet should . But after ordering tried the AC voltage at idle .321 and full throttle .298 I would have thought volts would increase with more throttle if the sensor was operating correctly

The AC volts maxed out close to 5V.

It did not change very much when varying the engine speed.
The varying frequency is what provides the rpm info.

Final got the sensor have had several different suggestions about installing it . 1/4 - 1/3 after bottoming out on flywheel to to a 1/2 turn to a complete Turn ?

Had a friend help me and he decided to test it at different depth near the flywheel so its changed from the original position

Back