Bandsaw parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poleframer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi All, I just picked up a very old resaw bandsaw that was sitting in a friends backyard :blob2: . I'd post pics, but I lost my camera cable. All cast iron, 30"x2" wheels, belt drive. I plan to put a 5-8 horse engine on it. Should'nt have any problems (famous last words) cutting up to 8" thick x 24-28" wide slabs. He's got some roller tables I can get too.
Anyone know where to find tires, and blades at a good price?
Thanks, Russell

No nameplate, or anything. Am I just being a junk collector again? I'd love to see it spin. I would think a 5hp eng would be enough. Got a price of $95 for 30"x2" strech on rubber tires. What do ya think?
Russell

Interesting... that's the kind of thing I would pick up at a sale also. Then it would sit in my shop or garage for a few years because I never got to rebuilding it, and eventually I would probably end up selling it on ebay or an auction. I'm surprised there is no nameplate or number or anything anywhere on the rig. Think it was custom built by somebody? At any rate... you would probably have much more luck posting a question like this on a woodworking or tool forum. Somebody might recognize it and who knows, maybe it might even be worth more than you thought it was.

As for using it as a resaw bandsaw, keep in mind that the bearings on some older tools were not designed for much more of a load than the original tool. Resawing is a lot like milling with a csm, you need LOTS of power. Make sure the bearings on those wheels can take that extra stress. There are lots of machinists on here that could help you out in that department better than I. Raisedbywolves is one that comes to mind.

I have seen bandsaws like that on antique tool restoration websites. If I can find the one again I'll post a link. Pretty cool piece of iron.

Well, it also kinda fits in with my cement mixer. I've done a few yards with it, will probably do more. Its old but it gets the job done.

Latest posts

Back