Bar and Chain on 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i bought the 034 super arounf late 80's i just remember it said rollmatic but had a small opening for a push type grease gun

I have ran this saw my whole life and I have found that a 24" bar does the trick for me. It is small enough that it keeps the revs high for blockdowns, but it is also big enough to take care of 99% of what you come across. I vote for the 24" with what full-skip chain that you want.

You talk well for someone who can't be more than 6 months old then. :hmm3grin2orange:

i bought the 034 super arounf late 80's i just remember it said rollmatic but had a small opening for a push type grease gun

The 028 I have was bought brand new in 1984 or 1985 by my dad, and I have the original bar it had on it... no hole in the tip. But Andy came up with the tid-bit of info I was lookin' for.:clap:

Gary

These newer Stihl guide bars have sealed bearings and do not need grease,or at least I never grease them,and I get good life out of em'....I do keep the husky tips greased.I have had several of those things explode,and every time the chain flew off the bar and nearly hit me.

I don't know if I have ever seen a Stihl bar with a grease hole in it. Sure it was a Stihl bar?

Maybe some of the older ones hads them... but I doubt it. I never grease the tips anyways.

Oh crap... I said that out loud! Now this is gonna turn into a grease/nogrease thread!!!!:bang: :bang: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Gary
Now can stop your doubts and say that you have seen a stihl bar with a grease hole.

attachment.php

the bar that came with my 2005 Stihl MS260 pro has a grease hole in it...

The spare Stihl 16" .325 .050 that I picked up off ebay also has a grease hole in it. Part # 3003-003-7113

I never grease them...

Now can stop your doubts and say that you have seen a stihl bar with a grease hole.

attachment.php

The spare Stihl 16" .325 .050 that I picked up off ebay also has a grease hole in it. Part # 3003-003-7113

I never grease them...

That's a rebadged Oregon Pro-Lite, not a German Stihl bar..........

Not a bad bar, but nowhere near the quality of the German stihl bars.

Last edited:

attachment.php

I never grease them...

That's an odd looking E bar... Not at all like the USA bars.. Must be a CA thing, or, maybe that's where they dumped all the old stock!

attachment.php

I never grease them...

Why is your chain on backwards?

Why is your chain on backwards?

I am dyslexic...:laugh:

(or maybe just the bar is on saw with the lettering upside down?)

Hey Troll..

It is a Stihl Bar, bought from a Stihl Dealer, on Stihl Saw, In a Stihl Package with a Stihl part number, :bang: Think I could take them to court and have any chance of winning a lawsuit saying that it is not a Stihl Bar.

Back