Bar and Chain on 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climb it

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I bought the 441, what bar and chain are guys running on them. dealer gave me the 050 that came with it, what are you guys running

I run a 20" Duromatic E and an 33RSC chain. May eventually go to a 25" for normal use and 28" for felling the big stuff.

I wouldn't want duromatic, robs power from the saw compared to sprocket tip bars. :jester:

.050 or .063 doesn't really matter, as long as you have easy access to chains for it.:)

I wouldn't want duromatic, robs power from the saw compared to sprocket tip bars. :jester:

.050 or .063 doesn't really matter, as long as you have easy access to chains for it.:)

Yeah, but it's more durable and I already had it.:biggrinbounce2:

lakeside which is best the rolmatic e or rollmatic es I know the es is solid steel not laminated and has a sprocket nose

The ES can take more "abuse", stays straigher, and if you do mess up the tip (rare) you can replace it for $17. Weighs a few ounces more. Above 25 inch you have no choice anyhow.

Yup... 441's around here are gonna be wearin' a Rollomatic 28" bar, .050, or .063, most common would prolly be the .050.

The only thing I would use a hardnose bar for is ALAPin' stumps. But then again... I don't even own one of those power robbers.

Gary

I have ran this saw my whole life and I have found that a 24" bar does the trick for me. It is small enough that it keeps the revs high for blockdowns, but it is also big enough to take care of 99% of what you come across. I vote for the 24" with what full-skip chain that you want.

true one my older 034 AV Super it had a hole to put tip of grease gun in and grease sprocket

I have ran this saw my whole life and I have found that a 24" bar does the trick for me. It is small enough that it keeps the revs high for blockdowns, but it is also big enough to take care of 99% of what you come across. I vote for the 24" with what full-skip chain that you want.

UMMMMMMMMMM......................... You've been running what saw all you're life?

true one my older 034 AV Super it had a hole to put tip of grease gun in and grease sprocket

I don't know if I have ever seen a Stihl bar with a grease hole in it. Sure it was a Stihl bar?

Maybe some of the older ones hads them... but I doubt it. I never grease the tips anyways.

Oh crap... I said that out loud! Now this is gonna turn into a grease/nogrease thread!!!!:bang: :bang: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Gary

Back