Bar and chain question for s Jonesred 2171

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frogdaddy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was in need of a new bar and chain for a 2171. Went out and bought a 20 inch bar and chain but they don't fit. The bar is a 3/8 inch by 0.058 with a 72 drag link and so is the chain but when I went to put it on the chain is a little to short what is the deal?

True - I wonder how he found out that it is too short, when he can't fit the bar on the bar bolts?

I suspect that the chain is .325, in addition to the bar being a small mount one?
You might be right but when I compared a large mount to this one the enlongated slot on the large mount seems to be a longer causing it to be able to slide back a little further.

You might be right but when I compared a large mount to this one the enlongated slot on the large mount seems to be a longer causing it to be able to slide back a little further.
That could be just because the front stud is further forward on the large mount, so the slot needs to be longer.

Latest posts

Back