Bar and Chain Supply

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmyers

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Curious where you guys are buying your bars and chains now. Interested in some links and opinions for online suppliers. Also sources for Sugihara and other lightweight bars.

I know some are sponsors here but couldn't locate the list. Also wanting feedback from the pros who buy and use them.

Thanks,

Ben

I buy my stuff local when possible. I can't afford to buy ahead, and when I need it, I need it NOW! The only time I buy on line is to get stuff the dealer doesn't carry such as my cannon lightweight bars and Stihl semi skip chains.

I agree. I don't have good local source other than dealers. Stihl dealers are telling me they have a shortage of supply on bars. I have good luck with Cannon obviously and also Carlton have been good for the money. Used a few GB bars in the past that also seem to be well made.

I just ordered an Oregon pro lite bar and full chisel chain from Amazon. Check 3 local dealers and if they had the bar I wanted they only had safety chains. I have a sugi bar on one but didn’t want another because that chain is impossible to find locally too being a .325 .050

Back