Bar Chain oil,Laundry deterget bottles,neat idea?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husky137 said:
I never realized filling the bar oil resevoir was supposed to be giving me so much trouble.

Guess I'll have to concentrate and work harder at messing it up.:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm glad that I absolutely have never had the oil filler cap come off while cutting, soaking my chaps with oil. Absolutely never...

SawTroll said:
Veggie bar oil solves the problem, washes off nicely with a normal washing machine program.......

I am still unclear on veggie oil. My brother runs an small arborist crew and they recently tried some Stihl bio for a while in about 5 saws. He was quite hopeful at first, but in the end felt their bars ran hotter and decided to only use it when in sensitive areas. Mileage may vary, but he has been in the game for more than a couple decades and I always at least pay attention to his experiences. I know many folks on AS report great successes in contradiction.

I have a gallon of Bailey's bio that I have been meaning to try for myself. I sure like the idea of veggie oil.

Wrong Med's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fast orange jug put a tube on the end and a couple of pumps and yer full! And serious guys! Ya really do have to find a new hobby!!!!!Jug's! Playboy anyone:?

Threads like these are what make AS the GREAT site it is. :cheers:

RBW's almost spewed me cider a few times on your posts. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I myself just use the plug wrench to poke the hole in the foil method.

A great little can....

I have used this can for my bar oil for many years. Zero spillage, and easy to pour in.

The brush is for cleaning the worst of the crap away before opening caps. This is a hairdresser's "color" brush. Comes in many sizes and colors for the discriminating...:monkey:

Make sure that when you go to the hairdresser's supply store that you have just come out of the woods. The prissy ladies working in there seem to really appreciate it!:hmm3grin2orange:

Like The Woods! said:
The brush is for cleaning the worst of the crap away before opening caps. This is a hairdresser's "color" brush. Comes in many sizes and colors for the discriminating...:monkey:

Make sure that when you go to the hairdresser's supply store that you have just come out of the woods. The prissy ladies working in there seem to really appreciate it!:hmm3grin2orange:

I sometimes use an soft old tooth brush to clean gunk away caps first. When I get around hairdressers they stare at my head. I expect that it is because they really would like to repair my hairdo, which I do myself with a flowbee and a shopvac :blush:

B_Turner said:
I sometimes use an soft old tooth brush to clean gunk away caps first. When I get around hairdressers they stare at my head. I expect that it is because they really would like to repair my hairdo, which I do myself with a flowbee and a shopvac :blush:

Well...you are one up on me. I don't have any hair to "do".:laugh:

I bought a 1 quart jug of bar oil along with the gallon jug. I fill the quart to take in the woods. It fits under the handles of my three saws and pours pretty good with no spills and no funnel needed.

Latest posts

Back