bar & chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMO

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Thanks to some posters here I am going to fix my Husky 61. ( Rim Drum $ Clutch)
I am also needing some info on which bar and chain. I will replace my old 24' bar, but become confused at which chain to use with which bar.I am going to buy from Baileys.

I mostly cut white oak.
Mike

Search

There's a ton of info on here, depends on dirty wood, experience with a saw etc... I'd run nothing bigger than a 20" bar on it, with the Oregon LGX chain. For bars I'm kind of impartial to the GB Titaniums CN40's. Get in touch with Scott and Steve on here, (166, and cuttinscott) PM them and see what they can do for you on bars and chains. They set me up with my GB and the hardened Oregon chain that I swear by now bro. Good luck buddy and be careful out there... :cheers: eh?

Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMO
I have been on that site looking for a new chainsaw. Didn't cross my mind they had parts. Found everything I need..
I am looking to also replace the bar as it's as old as the 61. Any suggestions. I have a 24" now and will replace with a 24". All those different bars and chains confuse me ?
So much for primming my wife for a new saw. I was really looking forward to it.
Mike

Unless you are cutting some big trees...try the 16' 3/8 X 0.05 gage Oregon bar with the swivel nose and the semi-chisel chain (easy to learn to hand sharpen)....about 32 bucks for the bar and 10 bucks for the chain but they are well worth it... you will love it!...saw does not have to push so much chain..so it has more available power at the chain... also your saw will be safer (less chance of kick-back) and more maneuverable.

Tell your wife you are saving 4-500 bucks by retrofitting the good, old 61.

Latest posts

Back