Bar for Dolmar/Makita 6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a bummer that Dolmar is so overlooked in certain areas. Ive never been a fan of the teal color but they are Dolmars at heart which is what matter lol. People may snicker but you will get the last laugh

Stihl and Husky are almost the only game in town in this country. There is very little choice and those two charge a LOT more here than they do in the US.
There are a few sellers of Shindaiwa and Echo but they are pretty rare and they arent that cheap in this country either. Jonsered have left (except for parts).
I think the only reason we can get the Dolkita's here is because of Makita generally having a very big presence in our DIY market.
But the DIY stores like my local 2, just aren't up to selling higher end chainsaws which no one knows much about.... amongst the pot plants and garden spades and they have a totally uphill battle with decades of a very big market share by the big two. Eventually, if the product is right, the word will get out and maybe people wont pay over the odds for a name where quality may have been slipping, whatever the colour. That is, if Makita get their act together and start pushing their chainsaws in the DIY stores. I read somewhere that the Dolmar name will get dropped and the Makita chainsaws will become orange. Not sure if that is true, but it seems sensible given the competition's colour and what that represents to people.

I know after having the 6100 it is worth ordering one, if there aren't any local. It is a huge step up over the stihl 250. But you 250 will make a good 2nd saw . Make sure you post pictures and videos of the 6100 when you get it.

Back