Bar Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not completely true. Only in their unrefined or 'pure' (unmixed) form. Not when they are made up of all other sorts of petroleum based byproducts.
No, it is completley true. All petroleum oils break down. Unadditised bar oil will break down realitvly quickly. Especially considering the manner in which it is introduced to the environment.

The Mother Earth is all of our concern.
Oil that is spilled on the ground does get into your water table
A former employer of mine had a policy of dumping used metal machining fluids on the ground "out back". When they finnaly had to do some environmental remediation that oil was contained in the top 5' of soil. OIl simply doesnt have the mobility that other chemicals like MTBE and solvents do.

Since so much canola now is the GM 'Roundup Ready' canola, maybe they could GM canola so that it had tackifiers already built into canola's genetic makeup. Call it 'Bar Oil Ready' canola.

I claim the patent on the idea....you read it here first.

TreeCo said:
Hey man give me a little time!

I'll report back after I try it for a while.

Really! A good test will take a few MONTHS, not days, 'redneck old bean. Have a little patience! Wait and see! :popcorn:

TreeCo said:
Hey man give me a little time!

I'll report back after I try it for a while. Haven't even got any yet.

The way I understood it you were just going to try it one day, last Friday, sorry, my missunderstanding.
Andy

Latest posts

Back