Bar Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
04ultra

04ultra

"Out of Control"
. AS Supporting Member.
attachment.php

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
04ultra said:

Now that we have a choice here only one man can decide for us which one of these "bar" lubes is the best. I'm sure he has taken both in "hand" and maybe elsewhere and can give us a "heads" up on which one is the best. Who is the this man I speak of, he's the one and only, ma frend..............

lovetheoutdoors

lovetheoutdoors

Addicted to ArboristSite
THALL10326 said:
Now that we have a choice here only one man can decide for us which one of these "bar" lubes is the best. I'm sure he has taken both in "hand" and maybe elsewhere and can give us a "heads" up on which one is the best. Who is the this man I speak of, he's the one and only, ma frend..............

where is the man at?????we need to know which is best from experience.:laugh:

lovetheoutdoors

lovetheoutdoors

Addicted to ArboristSite
Lakeside53 said:
Whimps... Real ("HUSKY"?) men use BENGAY on the bar... unless you like it real hot, just use a little.:rockn:

ok ultra .....Lake has thrown in one more contestant for the best "bar" oil.... and then we will let the man ...or thalls frend be the judge...ultra can you get us a pic for this:laugh:

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
lovetheoutdoors said:
ok ultra .....Lake has thrown in one more contestant for the best "bar" oil.... and then we will let the man ...or thalls frend be the judge...ultra can you get us a pic for this:laugh:

It do seem he's taking it all "in" basing his decision on what lube is best,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
I know this is another oil thread, but I have always ran the walmart oil in the green bottle. (can't say the word that starts with a P!). I've never had a problem with it until recently. I don't know if it is the combination of the wood and the oil, or just the oil or what. Lately (last 4-6 gallons of the poulan mix) has turned my freshly sharpened chains black in short time (oiler adj to max), like the oil is burning. The only things that have changed recently are the speed at which the chain is moving (modded and bigger sprockets). I noticed it when I switched to square filed, cutting cookies in milled square cants (no bark to have mud in!). I've gone back to round filed on a couple chains, as I thought it might have been due to my sharpening technique, but the round still "gums" up and is still slower than the square filed, so I think it is the oil. I'm gonna try some Stihl oil and see if there is a difference.

-Steve

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Freakingstang said:
I know this is another oil thread, but I have always ran the walmart oil in the green bottle. (can't say the word that starts with a P!). I've never had a problem with it until recently. I don't know if it is the combination of the wood and the oil, or just the oil or what. Lately (last 4-6 gallons of the poulan mix) has turned my freshly sharpened chains black in short time (oiler adj to max), like the oil is burning. The only things that have changed recently are the speed at which the chain is moving (modded and bigger sprockets). I noticed it when I switched to square filed, cutting cookies in milled square cants (no bark to have mud in!). I've gone back to round filed on a couple chains, as I thought it might have been due to my sharpening technique, but the round still "gums" up and is still slower than the square filed, so I think it is the oil. I'm gonna try some Stihl oil and see if there is a difference.

-Steve

Hey Steve I saw your vids , great job on the 365, that thing honks. As for bar lube the main thing is a lube that rides all the way around the bar, not just on top and then flung off at the end of the bar. Any saw thats sending oil off the end of the bar like a water pistol is dealing with bad bar lube, its not sticking to the chain like it should. Lube can be thin as long as its tacky and stays on the chain. As for your sharpening technique from what I saw in your vids your chains cut some kind of good, great job.........

Latest posts