Bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I’m surprised the powers to be are worried about chainsaw emissions and they haven’t addressed a environmentally safe bar oil?

Or a environmentally safe two stroke oil?

You know it’s coming and will be costly. (4stroke saw)

I’m surprised the powers to be are worried about chainsaw emissions and they haven’t addressed a environmentally safe bar oil?

You know it’s coming and will be costly. (4stroke saw)

[emoji2958][emoji2958][emoji2958][emoji2958]

Thats why we buy enough saws now to last us a lifetime when this **** happens.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

He is saying one day it will be required. Im sure he knows it’s available already.

Biodegradable or not. Oil is oil. You put any kind of oil on the soil things will die/not grow.

Veggie oil is bio, it will kill lots of stuff.

They just might go four stroke. Look at the super bike technology. With four and five valves per cylinder. Now scale one cylinder down. I’m just putting it out there. Add a overhead cam, chain driven, a head with valves, oil pump. Not that much added weight maybe,

Then the other direction with two strokes, oil injected, fuel injected, probably makes more sense. Ill take mine ported.

I think there’s more changes to come in two strokes.

I love the smell of two strokes in the morning, smells like work is being done.

I don’t think they can go much more plastic wise.?

The weight never bothered me, I was more after power.

I picked up 400# parts on the machine and carried 260# elevator guide rails. I was younger of course. I didn’t pose for sports illustrated with the 2100 I kept it in the wood.

I remember when folks laughed about 4 stroke boat motors but now most new boat motors are 4 stroke and they are a lot better than the old 2 strokes ever were.

Oh gawd!

2 strokes make way more power/lb, have far less moving parts, are easier to rebuild and more durable.

It took years of 4 stroke development to finally catch up to 2 strokes. Now these engines are ridiculously expensive and complex.

Imagine what 2 strokes would be if any development whatsoever had gone into them.

Gawd how easily brainwashed humans are. All of us in one way or another..

They just ban 2 strokes all together. Ann Arbor, Michigan already has.

In the grand scheme of things, every 2T engine on the planet could run at WOT from now until the next ice age and not put out 1% of the emissions that just ONE of the airliners that our benevolent babysitters use daily to junket to climate conference soirees around the world billow out on the runway waiting for takeoff.

Not that it matters...

Back