Bar Removal Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigiron

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Pulled the string on a very clean good running Sthil MS251C today for $180. I want to flip the bar over but can't seem to get it off..It has the tool less chain adjuster which I don't like but its ok for now. I can wiggle it around but it just won't slide off the stud.

I know what you mean now, I’ve had the gear stick on the stud before, it will come off if you work it hard enough. Sometimes that bushing in the gear gets boogered up and hangs on the threads. It will come off, no trick to it, just some force.

You will also need to move the toolless bar adjust gear to other side of the bar. One flat screw. Any issues, a great YouTube video donyboy73 Installing a more robust chain. Easy peasy

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I've tried my best to move the bar and its just not working. I think I may have to take it to a dealer.

I find YouTube helpful with things like this. Things that are tough for us to explain by typing that is. You might try there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it off w/rubber mallet,but adjuster gear sort of seperated from the bushing which I think was the culprit. It dose not slide on and off the stud worth a darn. Anyone know the cost and source of the conversion kits.

Got it off w/rubber mallet,but adjuster gear sort of seperated from the bushing which I think was the culprit. It dose not slide on and off the stud worth a darn. Anyone know the cost and source of the conversion kits.
get the ipl manual over in the beg for manuals thread to get part #'s. not sure what all is available aftermarket.

I want to thank all of the nice folks for the help. Can't wait to get this new to me saw into some wood. To convert this to the MS 250 tensioner I would just buy those parts I guess. I've not found a "kit" per say.

Latest posts

Back