Baraboo WI Antique and Vintage saw competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't have time to get it together for that. I won't even be able to get the wood cleaned up and put away until this weekend. The show grounds are still muddy today.
Scott

Scott,

I understand that. As it looks the weather may not be better this weekend, Since it will probably be raining I am going out in the morning to get a load of Disston saws for next years show. On a side note I gave away my unused logs at the last show. If you come up with something I will cut somelogs quickly and throw on the log stand but it is quite tall..

Bill

Bill,
I will try to give you a call in the next night or so. Mineral Point would not be a good choice. Very small show.
I talked to the club tonight here in darlington. The way it sounds I could do about what ever I wanted for a competition here. Scott I think the idea we talked about last night would be a good choice to get some thing rolling here. the way it sounds we could go from the vintage on to the newer saws. But , it would be for next yr something of that size. I mentioned to them I will take in some saws this yr and do demos on and off if nothing else comes about. It seems like some of the members were willing to supply the wood even.
Bob

Bob.

I suggested Mineral Point but I have never been to that show. I just noticed that they are on a off weekend for me. I am im Mt Pleasant IA Labor Day weekend for the National show. I will be in Marshalltown IA the following Saturday but Sunday is open. The next weekend is open also. The weekend of 9/22 is a crapshoot. I will host a show on 9/22 o 9/23 depending on my sons. If they do well on 9/8 then I will be in Mitchell, South Dakota on 9/22 so we will run on 9/23 in New Windsor Il.

Bill

That would be to much to ask of you to come from Marshalltown to here on the 9. That would be a long haul. We talked tonight that sunday is going to be a slow day for entertainment. I think we can hold off to do something good next yr. I will talk with you more on it in a night or 2.
What are your boys competing in?
Bob

Bob,

It was great talking tonight. I hope the rain stops soon as we are going to get flooded here quickly. It is still raining now and all the water up your way is head our way.

The distance is not a problem as we are done in Marshalltown by 3PM. The boys are competeing the it the State Pedal Tractor Pull. If they finish in teh topp 3 then we go to the National pull 2 weeks later. My oldest son qualified 2 years ago and we made the run out to South Dakota. He missed qualifing for the International Pull by a small amount. At the time it was held in Canada and I was looking forward to that trip. As it was I picked up a 2 man Mall along the way to S.D I cannot imagine what I would pick up if we went to Canada.

Bill

Back