Barberchair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spotted Owl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
They boy was paroozing that youtube. This one of the best barberchairs I have seen on camera. About 2:30, that guy put's it to 4 wheel drive. I'd bet everything I had, that guy thought he was done for. We talked about this one for a while once he found it. Good thing he saw whatever he saw before it totally blew up on him.

Good show for some who have never seen such a thing before and why it's such a nasty hand to have dealt to ya.

Owl

I posted a link to this video at another forum.

I wish that guy would do some more videos.

On steep ground you don't always get the escape route (or perhaps anything else either) that you want. He must have felt like a mouse watching the falcon swooping in for supper. I had one come out by the roots last week. Missed me by 25 feet as I had my wheels on, but I did get a minor dirt shower. Those are the ones that make you want to take an early lunch to calm down.

Everyone be safe out there.

So how do you define "be safe" when you're working without an escape route? Just curious; I don't know much.

Prayer? Lucky rabbit's foot? Large doses of optimism? Using all your skills? Sometimes there just aren't any good choices for an escape route but the tree has to come down anyway. That's the job.

Look at the pictures of guys working on springboards. Their escape route is straight down.

at times i thought i grew wings lol...............some times its just that way.........i guess expeiriance helps keep one alive when things go side ways.

by the way, you westcoasters get kinda bigger chairs than we do. some of your dead snags just come all apart.

at times i thought i grew wings lol...............some times its just that way.........i guess expeiriance helps keep one alive when things go side ways.

by the way, you westcoasters get kinda bigger chairs than we do. some of your dead snags just come all apart.

We are just soo special.

We are just soo special.

LOL....I heard a guy say exactly that one day. We were cutting snags in a burn salvage and they should have been cut the year before.
After about the fourth one in a row blew up on us I asked him "what in the hell are we doing here?" He said "It's 'cause we're just so special."

Latest posts

Back