barko loader

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never personally been around one ..just tiger cats and prentice loaders. You cant go wrong with the cummins. A 5.9 I assume?.

Have 3 in the scrap pile, 1 475 on tracks, 1 450 on rubber and 1 750 I think on tracks all build like 1972. All of them need parts we can get but it is an on going problem getting parts quickly. Lots of the parts are easily available and some are just not available unless u fine a Donner machine. The big machine was leaking 50-100 gal hyd. fluid a shift, we just were not able to keep up the maintenance, at the time we sere able to replace it w/ a new Madill that turned out to be the best equipment purchase we ever made.

images

Have 3 in the scrap pile, 1 475 on tracks, 1 450 on rubber and 1 750 I think on tracks all build like 1972. All of them need parts we can get but it is an on going problem getting parts quickly. Lots of the parts are easily available and some are just not available unless u fine a Donner machine. The big machine was leaking 50-100 gal hyd. fluid a shift, we just were not able to keep up the maintenance, at the time we sere able to replace it w/ a new Madill that turned out to be the best equipment purchase we ever made.

[url]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3RS1dv4DPwb_dFf8WDW0y4L2RLi4jxvMOb04KW_lMeqm4Z1sv[/url][/IM[/QUOTE]

so there is no more barco? wow I can't keep up with all the ones going out or being bought out.
owner said it was a 89 he ain't used it since 01,i have a old kb loader and a wheel loader, but it would be nice to have a bigger kb for those tracts were have to load in woods with big timber in em neither one of my loaders likes what we are in now 6 to 8 trees per load but we can get by with em. also know were is an old husky brute but no live heel.....boy you guys got some big loaders out there don't ya mostly here small prentice loaders from down south

Last edited:
Barko is still making loaders ours were just all old and wore out really. We actually visited the factory in Michigan when we bought them, We can run them 12 hrs a day for 6 mo and usually 6-8 hr 6mo. We use them in a yard to sort load, deck etc. We handle on the order of 100 loads a day from now until Thanksgiving, the newer loaders are all fuel misers compared to the old ones, just fuel cost alone made it worth it to up grade, and operator comfort for them long days does make a difference i keeping good people.
I'd love to try the 593 material handler but we aren't buying anything right now, our equipment replacement schedule aint working out these days.
We have been doing a lot of rebuilding during the winter.

hey thanks guys good to know there still around and can get parts. only thing bugs me on this one she's not been even started in a few years, price is right I just wish he woulda sold her to me several years ago its just been sittin least 4 years don't hafta have it but it is a brute ;)

I have a 160 and thought for a moment I had one more obsolete piece of equipment, I have not had to use the dealer for anything in the last year so it is good to hear they are still in business

Lots of the stuff on these old Barkos was made by vendors and suppliers still in business and all in the USA. The pins and bolts are SAE as are the hose fittings and hoses Detroit and Cummings motors, cylinders, controls and on and on, Tulsa made our under carriage good ole USA steel and beefy, tires wheels, brakes, alternators, lots of off the shelf parts are still available. Sorta like the old
Allis HD crawlers and 745 loaders, you could go to NAPA and by a Chevy long generator for 20 bucks back in the day and you were good to go.

Lots of the stuff on these old Barkos was made by vendors and suppliers still in business and all in the USA. The pins and bolts are SAE as are the hose fittings and hoses Detroit and Cummings motors, cylinders, controls and on and on, Tulsa made our under carriage good ole USA steel and beefy, tires wheels, brakes, alternators, lots of off the shelf parts are still available. Sorta like the old
Allis HD crawlers and 745 loaders, you could go to NAPA and by a Chevy long generator for 20 bucks back in the day and you were good to go.

oh how I long for back in the day. now I have to order everything, even simple things like filters

Latest posts

Back