Bc1400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.Borist

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
We are considering buying a Vermeer BC1400 and wonder if anybody has any opinions, good or bad, on it!

I am considering a BC1000 or whatever the next size up is because of their shorter length and lighter weight than brush bandit but I rented a 250xp last week and think that it is an awsome machine and I hav heard they have a better service department here in austin, please let me know what you find out and is there a BC1200 (12 inch) I saw the vermeer dealer chipping railroad tie sized piesces of wood at the climbing competition in dallas with the BC1000 it seemed to chip them ok but was a little slow since the autofeed came on every few seconds. the brush bandit although a true 12 inch machine not a 10 inch like the BC1000, gobbled up the ash juniper trees we chipped like they were toothpicks this is much harder wood than the white pine (from the speed saw competition) that vermeer was chipping.

Last edited:
please give me some chipper advice

biggest Diesel engine? Or does anyone still like the old throw and runs with the 300 inline six cylinder, I hear they are pretty dangerous, high liability inexperienced ground man eaters, but low maintenance, easy to work on and extremely productive as well as low weight therefore easy on gas mileage for my gas guzzling chiptruck

Last edited:
vermeer BC1000

The dealer at the climbing competition may have misinformed about the BC1000 being a 10 inch chipper and not a 12 inch chipper because the dealer here north of austin says it is a true 12 inch chipper any comments?

Back