Becoming a logger

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll find the 271 to most likely be under powered and built for 8-10hr. operation days, you should bite the bullet and start with a 462 or other 70cc class saw.

Mad3400

Seeing as hardly any of these responses are helpful, let me help. The Stihl MS 271 is a powerful chainsaw model and often used for professional forestry work. It can meet a range of cutting applications and it maintains power despite high demand. I think you've picked well here.

Seeing as hardly any of these responses are helpful, let me help. The Stihl MS 271 is a powerful chainsaw model and often used for professional forestry work. It can meet a range of cutting applications and it maintains power despite high demand. I think you've picked well here.

I don't think you'll find too many folks on here who will describe the 271 as powerful, nor as being "often used for professional forestry work"
And as TheJollyLogger said, even Stihl doesn't say it is a pro saw...

Best advice was given in an earlier post. Hire on with someone first and find out the saws they use and recommend. I hate to disappoint you but you're not going to just show up with a shiny new saw and start cutting trees down for a logging outfit. You'll have to pay your dues and have plenty of time to figure out what saws you'd like to have one day. And I guarantee to you it won't be a Stihl 271. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Back