been cutting alot lately (w/pics!)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragrcr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have been doing alot of cutting lately, for firewood, thought i would share pics, my friend and i have started selling it on the side, got one more load today, but need to split it before we can sell it.

a load, ther eis only 7 pieces in this load... big wood...
attachment.php

it came from this
attachment.php

and today, skidding out a black oak with my friend and his wife in the back ground
attachment.php

Got to run the "free" 064 more today to buck up a 15 inch oak log, and man i love that saw, for the 38 bucks i have into it i dont think you can beat it, need a chain but that will double what i got into it :) lets see the firewood cuttin pics...

Looked like a fun time of it!!!

I ben startin to cut more now,,but still on the hot side here,,,be glad when it gets fall,,,my favorite time of the year.......

i dont think it got above 80 here today, perfect cuttin weather, a little sweat but nothing terrible

it is my c-51, still gets used alot, whenever we are bucking big stuff and need an extra saw, so others can still cut and not wait for me to do all the work:) runs like a tank, slow and nothing Fing stops it, can lean into it like nothing i have ever seen in a 70cc size saw, and keeps turning, slow but sure. she wears a 28 inch bar and full skip stihl chain...

and p.s.

that mother is LOAD! literaly HAVE to have ear protection or you wont hear a damm thing for a week:jawdrop:

ohhh yea, i file chains like a mad scientist... getting pretty good now (finally)

Nice truck.:clap: But you ought to give that thing a real load, and stack the wood up, then run some runners straight up on the side and keep stackin.
Id triple your money that you have in the 064 :p. Nice saws, no kiddin on the Homies giving you hearing loss.

normally we load much more, but the pieces were so big it took 3 of us to get them in the truck, no way ther were gonna get stacked up higher, thats the 2nd cunnins i have owned, and will drive it till im dead (or another one at least) we have a wood trailer too, the wood is plentifull here but gets serious coin down in the city wgere he lives.

it is my c-51, still gets used alot, whenever we are bucking big stuff and need an extra saw, so others can still cut and not wait for me to do all the work:) runs like a tank, slow and nothing Fing stops it, can lean into it like nothing i have ever seen in a 70cc size saw, and keeps turning, slow but sure. she wears a 28 inch bar and full skip stihl chain...

and p.s.

that mother is LOAD! literaly HAVE to have ear protection or you wont hear a damm thing for a week:jawdrop:

Must be the weekend for blue, I went through almost 3 tanks of gas in mine yesterday.

tree1.jpg

tree2.jpg

Stump is/was on it's side. More than 5 feet across, and still well connected to mother earth. Couldn't do anything with the stump. Must admit I don't really enjoy doing stuff this big.

tree3.jpg

big wood is where its at man, you get soooo much more for your work. IMHO that is. I get the huge wood around here all the time because nobody wants to deal with it, but when you split it and 1 pickup load is more than a cord you cant go wrong, just bring big bars and bigger saws to turn em. ohh wait, you ran a c-51 today, DO I NEED TO YELL?

ps nice bar on that thing.

big wood is where its at man, you get soooo much more for your work. IMHO that is. I get the huge wood around here all the time because nobody wants to deal with it, but when you split it and 1 pickup load is more than a cord you cant go wrong, just bring big bars and bigger saws to turn em. ohh wait, you ran a c-51 today, DO I NEED TO YELL?

ps nice bar on that thing.

I don't know, with smaller wood I can cut and split it so much faster. I also don't have to use the tractor to move it, and don't wear my thumb out pumping oil. :D

Picked up the bar last year, it's a NOS 28" piece. It's actually for another Homey, but it was close enough to work on my C5. And yes, that thing is obnoxiously loud. Before I started yesterday morning I asked the lady how well she got on with her neighbors, because I was about to make them cranky.

lol, my neighbors are a bit away so it helps, do you have a splitter? mine dosnt even flinch at the big wood i feed it, i have an old deere splitter i got at a yard sale for 200 bones, split a cord to sell today in about an hour with my friend helping, mostly over 20 inch rounds, up to 25 inch.

got that think from a yard sale for 20 bucks, had a 28 inch husky bar next to it that the guy told me would fit it, didnt argue and took the bar too for free, had a 28 inch homelite bar that came on a parts 330 got whith another saw purchase, i cleaned out the carb (needle was stuck) and put in some mix, and wala she has been runnin strong ever since.

lol, my neighbors are a bit away so it helps, do you have a splitter? mine dosnt even flinch at the big wood i feed it, i have an old deere splitter i got at a yard sale for 200 bones, split a cord to sell today in about an hour with my friend helping, mostly over 20 inch rounds, up to 25 inch.

Yeah, a 3 point splitter for the tractor.

The lift on my tractor will pick up 600 lbs or so, and wouldn't lift those rounds. When I can get all the smaller wood I want why would I mess those beasts? But anyway, I'm not interested in a an argument about it being "a little sweat", or whatever, just thought it was cool someone else was running an ol' blue homey this weekend. I'll send anyone the address for that wood if they want to go pick it up, they can have it.

no arguement here, i just always get the bug stuff cause the little stuff everyone wants so it is hard to come by, the oaks out here grow huge like that everywhere. must be nice having a tractor to help with moving stuff, i end up ripping anything the 2 of us cant pick up....

no arguement here, i just always get the bug stuff cause the little stuff everyone wants so it is hard to come by, the oaks out here grow huge like that everywhere. must be nice having a tractor to help with moving stuff, i end up ripping anything the 2 of us cant pick up....

The tractor is really helpful. The last few years trees have been falling left and right (because of the drought I imagine), I've had two oaks die in the last year on my property alone.

i thik i might start saving my pennies for one, would like one of those old fords with the real cool lines, lots around here that need some work, might find one on the cheap..

Back