Been gone for a while, here's a few splitters I've built recently.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who said you could come out of the garage? LOL

Good work Alex!! I didn't know you had the red one done. Looks great.............other than the red color :p Someone's going to end up with a quality splitter, that's for sure. There isn't another one on the market that even comes close to this quality of build! I've had "the other guys" splitter, and there is no comparison to what Alex builds, hands down.

I'm having withdraws by not having Big Blue out yet. Dam shed is taking too long. :( By the time I get to use it, I might have to install a heater on it to stay warm!! haha

Stand behind that Honda engine and it'll bake you Grimmy. My friend has a Timberwolf Tw-6 and that's by biggest complaint of that machine. Standing behind the engine on a 90 degree day sucks.

Stand behind that Honda engine and it'll bake you Grimmy. My friend has a Timberwolf Tw-6 and that's by biggest complaint of that machine. Standing behind the engine on a 90 degree day sucks.
Oh yea, there's some serious heat coming from that beast!! Maybe I can turn it around so it would blow on the OP for cold weather use. Alex, I got another idea for ya!! :D

Wow, I'd want one even if I didn't have any wood to split, nice workmanship......

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

It's not to bad. Just sick a few rags under it and your fine. It's nice having it up there cause it's out of harms way
or set a old cookie sheet under it,,the ones with welded corners,,and punch a hole in the side of filter....then slide sheet to side,,and pour in pail...ANDDDD, quality work....

Don't forget this A E splitter beam you did for me. Been a busy year for A E

b5eb157aa0b5adadd35888e38d62a098.jpg

4f61d0eca0a94f2bcd8a28faf31bebda.jpg

50bcfa0cdb08da580c28f31255816995.jpg

442d01b35ff6587bf5827557f69999fd.jpg

8f8521f8571054f695dee48e540b54cb.jpg

3bf84c71aaa2a49c1a90b7f9219aed24.jpg

Have you had time to make any more progress on yours Doug?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Love looking at good welds.

My old man can't draw a straight line with a pencil and ruler, but has a welding ability bordering on so ridiculously surgical he can do up/down/inside out/outside in/straight, curved, whatever you need, welds blindfolded while standing on his head.

This apple might as well have been on a neighbouring orchard because it fell so far from the tree that my welds are 95% hope and never to be relied upon.

Have you had time to make any more progress on yours Doug?

Small amounts of progress. Got the axel narrowed and back on the frame.

Pictures are from yesterday. Worried with long beam for 30 inch stroke the splitter will be tippy.

Hope to assemble axel drive motors and wheels this weekend.

d4e5b39df880941304a7218eac3ea03a.jpg

I believe 1/4" or 3/16". I can't remember which. It's one heavy SOB though!!

Great looking splitters. It was nice meeting you at the gtg. And even nicer running that 562 of yours. :D

Sorry, I didn't specify. Alex's 562. That thing is a beast.

Looks very nice. How well blanced is the splitter. Or how heavy is the tong weight. Noticed the kick down leg in the back. Tippy lifting big rounds?

You do nice work.
The kick down leg is standard. If you plan to split with them I hooked you better use the kick stand to be safe. Balance is actually pretty good. Tows awesome.

Latest posts

Back