Before and After from weekend job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the tall stumps? Fence or something grown into them?

Two reasons. HO wanted them to use for flower planters, and yes an old wire and bamboo fence. Unfortunatley I discovered wire in one stump the hard way, now my 460 needs a little work, nothing bad, just stopped use of it for rest of job. I took all the tops first to get the chipper work done and over with in short order, as I had a bunch of brush up the street to chip from another job. Chipper was down for a bit so had some catch up to do.

The rest is saw dust. Looks like it was a little fun with the power lines and roof line.:cheers:

The rest is saw dust. Looks like it was a little fun with the power lines and roof line.:cheers:

A little fun, LOL yeah. Had them down for one day, just so much lowering, and I don't have lift/ bucket truck, so it's all climb, lower, guide, set it up again. It was a good learning experience for one ground guy that I HAD to use one day. It was his first day with no other help, and he had a hard time multi tasking, but we got through it with no incidents, a LOT of compliments, and several ther jobs to go bid on, and HO wants other side of house to get all the Maple's branches trimmed back too, so all was good.

It looks like you cleaned up all the snow too!

(yeah, I know, it melted....)

Nice work. I agree that it is tough to do having to lower everything down.

Why did they want them down?

They wanted them down because they had been hit by lightning and had quite a bit of dead branches throughout canopy, the bark on all the trees was falling off, and over the last few years there had been a noticeably less ans less greenery in the canopy. I told them I thought they still had plenty of life left in them, but they wanted them down. The neighbor ( yellow apartment house ) Has wanted them down for year, not light in her tiny yard, and constantly cleaning up the branches. I am also inclined to think they may have been hit by lightning at some point. I found a few burnt branches way up top, not sure if thats a sure sign. Maybe someone went up and got a fire going in the tree then put it out????

We see a lot of yellow pines hit down here. Most times we can see the candy cane stripe down the trunk within minutes of the strike. Different tree of course.

Thanks for all the compliments. This was my largest scale and complexity job so far. No one hurt, no damage done, and took a little longer than I'd hoped, but I'd call it a great success. Everyone in the area has been commenting on how they wondered when they were gonna cut them down. I guess a lot of people really hated those trees??????

Latest posts

Back