BEING # 1 IN THE WORLD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackbnimble

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
ain't easy. I'm known for starting conflagrations wherever I go w/o trying. Best there is. It's a gift. My problem is, I can't burn wood in a wood stove with a propane torch and dry kindling to save my life.

Which is why I'm here seeking advice from you pros. I was transferred a Big 'Ol VC Defiant from kind relatives. No doubt, if I ever start it, the house will burn to the ground in 12 minutes. But, for the sake of telling my loved ones I did try to use the monster, can I run the 8" stove pipe out through 10" concrete block (filled with grit for thermal mass) to the outside and angle the chimney pipe up and over so it's 4' from the siding and 3' vertical? (the earth is bermed away from the wall so the total distance off the ground at its peak would be 12'.) If I could do that w/o getting arrested or blowing myself to smithereens*, I could avoid running (double-walled stainless steel, ouch $) chimney pipe parallel to the side of the house up 42' to clear the roof?

Thanks

* Remember Yosemite Sam? Yupped. I'll blow that flat-footed, lily-livered, long eared, varmint to smithereenies!

well thar, it is good to see i ain't the only one who is confused. just kiddin. i wish i could draw a house. my idea revolves around saving money on stainless steel chimney pipe which is expensive. if i could run the smoke out from the basement and safely away from the house w/o having to clear the roof, i could save lots it. i just thought i'd check with you guys first before i do something disastrous.

If i could run 8" stove pipe into my 6" stove pipe and out through the 6" chimney pipe that already runs from the second floor, I would do that and only have to buy an adapter and 10' of stove pipe, you know? But, I've read that's a no-no. Yet, I have visions of the "venturi effect" sucking the exhaust like a high powered, enormous vacuum. No? This is a perfect example how sick my mind really is.

BTW, not to go off topic, but speaking of mental health or actually the lack thereof, out my way they show a commercial with a guy saying something like, "people think i'm scary" or "people think i'm crazy". It airs about every 2 minutes and it's been running:dumb: for about 27 years. If they don't stop showing that sucker, I'm going to have to end it all.

I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE! :dumb::pingpong::happy::crazy2::blob2::bowdown::chainsaw::laughing::dumb2::rock2::angry::cheers::chop::cry::dizzy::rock:

Back