Belt or suspenders?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belt or suspenders

• Suspenders

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Belt

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Pants tight enough to need neither

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • I don't wear pants

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

beowulf343

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
In the interests of getting to know each other better, what do you climbers wear under your saddle to keep you pants up? I used to wear suspenders as a kid but went to a belt when i found out suspenders weren't cool. I always liked them and now that i'm cool enough to start a new trend if i wear them, i wonder if i should go back to the suspenders.

Note: I'm not talking about the suspenders you wear to hold your saddle up. I'm talking about holding your pants up.

Am I the only person in the world that wears overalls?
no, but you may be the only person in the world that plants dead trees:yoyo:

i wear the a/w belt so my fat a$$ dont pop my buttons and my kids are on there best behavior

Last edited:
When I used to climb buoys all of the time, I wore coveralls too, or a dry suit depending on the weather/location. When it came to towers and day boards along the riverbanks (including tree clearing/trimming) I wore suspenders. Especially holding up the kevlar.

Nothing easier than suspenders with the slippery kevlar pants. Plus, I though having the belt under the harness ALL DAY was a little uncomfortable. I never wore 2 pairs of suspenders, but maybe that is in the future, although I'm out of the USCG, but I am working with the trees... Hmmm. Never knew there would be so much interest in the belt v suspenders debate.

Jason

I don't wear neither just grab and pull after a few hours then again and
again! I may look into the suspenders but hot is coming so maybe shorts!

I wear a belt on my pants when I climb. I run suspenders on the saddle.

I just bought a couple pairs of Carhart logger jeans and new suspenders for them to wear while in the woods all summer.

Suspenders aren't cool? Nobody told me. lol

Belt or Suspenders

Suespenders, Hands down. off and on for last 10 years. Even have them on my new Buckingham Master ll saddle, I can load up on tools,chainsaw . Don't have to fight the sagging saddle. Climb into our bucket wear that same saddle

I've n'er tried suspenders but have thought about it more recently for comfort purposes. Maybe watching axmen has had something to do with it. I have no azz so I end up pulling my belts extremely tight which gets painful after a few airborne hours. Do suspenders actually work?

I wear a belt most of the time, suspenders with construction tool bags, fire turn outs, and overalls. I found that my hipbones got raw when using a belt under the saddle, so I switched to a cloth belt and I really like it:clap:

Don't your shoulders get sore and chaffed when using suspenders in the tree????

I've n'er tried suspenders but have thought about it more recently for comfort purposes. Maybe watching axmen has had something to do with it. I have no azz so I end up pulling my belts extremely tight which gets painful after a few airborne hours. Do suspenders actually work?

Yep they work great on your pants, even better on your saddle. I just got another new pair from the stihl dealer.

The best part is they are made in the USA.(Hillsboro Oregon)

Latest posts

Back